Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Eletricity Basics

I'm starting to put this together, simply because there's a LOT of people here that know their stuff with electronics... Sadly I'm not one of them. So anyway in my journey to learn about eletricity and such, I'll be putting that info in here, in hopes that I can help people that know less about eletricity than I do.

OK, this is from the early 50's it looks like, but from what I can tell the information *With the exception of the perodic table of elements containing less than 100 elements* seems pretty accurate. This is more along the lines of the basic theory, which should hopefully answer some of your basic questions like "What's the difference between amps and volts anyway?"

YouTube - Basic electricity 1/2 (pt1)
YouTube - Basic electricity 2/2 (pt2)

For a COMPLETE mathematical explanation of what Voltage is:
YouTube - derekowens's Channel

And to make it a little more relevant, he talks about electric current here:

YouTube - Electric Current, derekowen's Channel

This has been blowing my mind, only because I didn't get WHY we had to do algebra back in grade 9, but this is a very hands-on practical USE of algebra which... I wish I knew back in grade 9 because then I might have wanted to actually pay more attention. At any rate, it makes a HECK of a lot more sense now after watching it. That guy in general has a lot of knowledge with physics and is definitely worth a watch. (Check out his channel - great explanations of everything, analogies, diagrams, etc.)

Some useful tools:

Ohm's Law Calculators (Thanks Coherent Light)
Graphical Resistance Calculator (Thanks Kevlar)
LM317 Current Calculator - Electric Circuit (Thanks Kevlar)

Last edited: