Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Electronics help...

So I bought a new headunit for my car and it only has one input for a car steering wheel button control. My car has two separate controls, one on each side of the wheel.

I made a short video explaining the problem, you can watch it here...

To clarify I used a voltage divider for one side and left the other side of the wheel unchanged. Thinking that if there was a voltage difference it may think its a separate signal.

So basically I need to be able to trick the headunit into thinking that the signals from each side of the wheel, are different and push them through the same input wire, to the headunit.

Any and all help is appreciated.

-Adrian

Last edited:

djQUAN

I didn't finish your vid but from what I know, steering wheel remotes use a bunch of resistors to ground.

The radio has an internal pull up resistor to a regulated supply (typically 3.3V) and pushing a button connects a certain value resistor to ground. This results to a voltage that the microprocessor reads and identifies which button is pressed.

If no button is pressed, the input is basically left floating. What you were getting is probably noise from other electronics coupling to the remote line.

If you use different value resistors on the left and right switches, you can wire the two circuits in parallel into the one input of the radio. What brand radio are you putting in?