Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

**edit new topic. My laser wont focus correctly?

Alright I just recieved my 6x BR diode w/ flex drive dr lava driver today. I just got it today and haven't touched the lense so nothing could have gotten on it. I tested it this morning and it focused perfectly. Now I tested it again like a couple of minutes ago and It looks like this:
0703000040.jpg Also: DSC_0530.JPG
I took off the lense and tested it and it was just a big circle so i thought it was the spring blocking the ray. I took out the spring and it still did it. I even tried a different lense. IDK wth is going on. Can someone tell me what i should do? Thanks

Last edited:

Re: Very flimsy, advice?

you can use some non-conductive foam

a better soldering job between the diode and driver would help too...

also if your going to use the lens spring from the aixiz module you need to test its conductivity.. if it doesnt conduct the way it is you need to strip the black coating off.

What I normally do, is clip the ends of the diode and place the driver, butt up against the brass part of the diode, then solder the pins to the board.... Since you have broken your pins, I'm not sure if that's a great idea. Hot glue will help prevent the pins from bending/breaking... that's about all you can do, unless there is enough of the pins left to butt the driver up to the diode.

Morgan

Can you not use the back of the Aixiz and cover the driver? You are right, that will be flimsy and if you lose contact with the diode whilst the driver is powered, you'll likely lose the diode AND the driver. I thought you were using a RCKSTR anyway? Have you set the current correctly?

I hope the solder only looks to be shorting both pins and the case of the diode.

M
:)

I asked him for a flexdrive and he only charged 10$ more. And yeah it just looks that way