Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ebay vs. the other guys

mcfehn

Ok, I've been doing more thinking. I know I said the other day that folks were trying to prevent me from falling into the ebay laser pointer trap. But the more I thought about it...of course folks at laserglow, dragonlasers and the others are going to say it's a ripoff. But what do you expect? Those companies want you to spend twice as much on their products. My question is just how bad can the ebay suppliers be? Has anyone ever bought one of those products from ebay

S

SenKat

I have bought many lasers off of ebay vendors. Some were good, most were not so good. If you are looking for a 50mw or below, go with ebay, or deal extreme if you do not mind the cheap quality. Unfortunately, in this line of business, you do get what you pay for when it comes to green lasers. Figure out exactly what it is that you will want to use the laser for, and let me know....

Senkat is right, most ebay lasers unless their 5mw or so either don't have an IR filter, or have been modded and therefor will die sooner than most other lasers. His motto is right, you get what you pay for.

S

SenKat

lazerlover said:
Senkat is right, most ebay lasers unless their 5mw or so either don't have an IR filter, or have been modded and therefor will die sooner than most other lasers.  His motto is right, you get what you pay for.

HOLY CRAP ! you agreed with me ! LOL kidding, guys...muahahaha

Goofy mood is all :)

The Ebay lasers really are (for the pen based units anyways) a crap shoot - sometimes you may get a good one, but the rest of the time, it is simply a gamble. Oh, and No - I do not get a paycheck from any laser company to slam Ebaysers ! ::)

i would agree with these guys :) i did get a good deal with my laser (has ir filter, most likely really is 50mW as it burn a little) however i took a big risk because i knew i wasn't going to have more than $80 for a fairly long time. there are many "horror stories" about eBay and generally if it dies or is defective it wont get replaced and wont be fixed unless you do it or pay someone to do it.