Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

eBay pointer on glow in the dark paper

Just signed up so I thought I would share a video I made a few days ago, this is a 5mW eBay pointer on some europium doped strontium aluminate coated paper, it held this pattern for about 2 hours after I stopped drawing on it which I didn't expect from a quick exposure like this. It throws off a very nice green around the 510nm range though the camera does not pick that up very well, it was enough to illuminate the entire room.

(you may need to right click and save the file)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8225426/laser_paper.wmv

:rolleyes:

Kulhu

My old tv does that alittle with mine, however it doesn't laser more than a second.

thats incredible. Where can i get some of that paper?

I "made" it myself by taking some heavy paper and applying a thin spread of clear gel glue to the surface then sprinkled the strontium aluminate powder, shake vigorously to fill any gaps and remove excess. I have not tested yet if coating over the powder in a seal of some kind would reduce the effect. I think I have some of the powder left over, maybe willing to trade for something? If not you can try to buy some yourself by searching for 'europium glow powder' on google. It's about 10x as bright/long lasting as the cheap powder they make toys with which makes it work extremely well for these blacklight-lasers as I call them :yh:

That looks pretty similar to what I used :) The stuff really works well! I wish you good luck in making something similar if you decide to try it out.

Very nice vid, I have a PC side panel i sprayed with GITD pant and works the same, but only holds the charge for 10 mins or so. that looks a lot brighter. on the downside you have to wait ages to re-draw on it.....

I built a spiro a while back and used that to draw on it. was pretty cool I must say! (see Avatar)