Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

ebay lasers overspec?

AbramF15

Has anyone bought stuff from the seller lilymaria2002 on ebay? All their lasers are labeled as 5mw but i believe all of them are a good bit stronger than that. Look them up and tell me what you think! :D

lman

Banned
I would stay away from eBay many people sell over spec lasers because if you say 100mw laser eBay will take it down.

AbramF15

Yeah I have a 5mw 405 from Amazon that will smoke black foam or thin plastic with a magnifying glass. lilymaria has pretty serious looking lasers from $25 to a couple hundred bucks all labeleled as 5mw. LOL. A lot of the same hosts as lazerer. And if its labeled 5mw should have no problem at customs right? I doubt they have a LPM sitting there.

lman

Banned
Yeah I have a 5mw 405 from Amazon that will smoke black foam or thin plastic with a magnifying glass. lilymaria has pretty serious looking lasers from $25 to a couple hundred bucks all labeleled as 5mw. LOL. A lot of the same hosts as lazerer. And if its labeled 5mw should have no problem at customs right? I doubt they have a LPM sitting there.
You never know.....

LV555

Sometimes if you send the ebay store a private message and ask if the laser is really a 100mw they will tell you that "yes this has similar brightness to a 100mw laser" without actually having to state the real output. The lasers that state 5mw and say that you can burn something or light a match etc are usually the 100-200mw lasers in my experience.

MojoLA

It's impossible to talk about "eBay lasers" seriously since eBay is simply a place that gives sellers a place to sell. Unless eBay itself starts selling lasers, it would be more productive and truthful to make a thread about SPECIFIC merchants rather than "eBay lasers."

I know inside the thread you specified a specific seller, but the thread is about "eBay lasers" and some of the posts cover "eBay lasers" and I often hear people ask questions about "eBay lasers."

Come on everyone! There is NO SUCH THING as an eBay laser!!