Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Net finds thread, real or bogus specifications? Report the good or the bad here.

Hey, Peter. Is that Sanwu the only LPM you have? From what I had seen it is not likely one I would take as being accurate over any power levels. How well it compares over many levels would be something I'd have to check myself.

GSS

Yup it's the only one. Iv'e metered all my 200mw to 7W 445nm lasers that were measured by Rich and Pman's that were mostly 532 Fasttech modules and a couple 826 reds and they were all just about spot on.
It gives the option of WL dial in.

Why is the wavelength an option? If it uses a TEC or other thermopile it shouldn't matter. The WL matters when using optical sensors and those are only on much lower power LPMs.

GSS

The info on Sanwu's sight just mentions I have the option if I wanted to.
Personally I never saw a difference in a reading, it's just I set it anyways.

Hi Paul,
I know your Mr. Friggin perfect , but what do you get for cutting up folks threads and comments. I read many of your replies and personally I think its just not right. You think you know all and see all please lighten up and stop being so conceded in your ways.
There are many other members here that run rings around you in testing and having nice opinions. Red is one of them and many more member here that are knowledgeable but you still cut them up.
I have kept my mouth closed long enough hearing your , but some times you get under my skin like an Alabama tick.
Please dont take to heart but im sure that there are dozens of members here that feel the same but won't make waves.
But take this as a tsunami sorry , Maybe some folks cant afford high end electronics like you.
You cut out DTR quite a bit by telling folks to by cheaper somewhere else and he is a real asset to this community.
Some thing you state make me thing your tighter that a bullfrogs a$$ and that water proof .
Grow up you old hippie and be a little nicer to people im sure they will appreciate it.
Have a nice day Pal..Hope this digests well .
Rich:)

LexLuthor

Not saying all of those things are created equal but a couple of years ago I bought a blue gatling off eBay for $38 without any accessories. It was my 1st laser besides keychain cat toys (which I would never tease an animal with). I don't have an lpm but that thing instantly burns dry wood. Still going strong. I probably got lucky but I love that thing. One of those love it or hate it hosts. Cherry wood I use for smoking. Smells nice 😁

View attachment 67565View attachment 67564
Would it burn a hole into a plastic housing of an 5G antenna at the end of the street?

Hi Paul,
I know your Mr. Friggin perfect , but what do you get for cutting up folks threads and comments. I read many of your replies and personally I think its just not right. You think you know all and see all please lighten up and stop being so conceded in your ways.
There are many other members here that run rings around you in testing and having nice opinions. Red is one of them and many more member here that are knowledgeable but you still cut them up.
I have kept my mouth closed long enough hearing your , but some times you get under my skin like an Alabama tick.
Please dont take to heart but im sure that there are dozens of members here that feel the same but won't make waves.
But take this as a tsunami sorry , Maybe some folks cant afford high end electronics like you.
You cut out DTR quite a bit by telling folks to by cheaper somewhere else and he is a real asset to this community.
Some thing you state make me thing your tighter that a bullfrogs a$$ and that water proof .
Grow up you old hippie and be a little nicer to people im sure they will appreciate it.
Have a nice day Pal..Hope this digests well .
Rich:)

I'll have to respectfully disagree with your assertions. I normally only take issue with Robert on the political debates thread and if I can't do it there, then what is the purpose for that thread. I have told members that they can buy the same diodes cheaper on eBay. This is a matter of fact. I like Jordan. I buy from him all the time. I've also allowed DTR to use my data for his Sharp diodes. I know from earlier posts that you vote republican. There is nothing I can do about that. If you don't see the existential threat to our democracy with Trump in the White House you have been drinking too much of the koolade. Lighten up.

Last edited:
I'll have to respectfully disagree with your assertions. I normally only take issue with Robert on the political debates thread and if I can't do it there, then what is the purpose for that thread. I have told members that they can buy the same diodes cheaper on eBay. This is a matter of fact. I've also allowed DTR to use my data for his Sharp diodes. I know from earlier posts that you vote republican. There is nothing I can do about that. If you don't see the existential threat to our democracy with Trump in the White House you have been drinking too much of the koolade. Lighten up.
I think you should read his comment a few more times because you clearly didn't understand the point of it.

I think you should read his comment a few more times because you clearly didn't understand the point of it.
Why are you inserting yourself into this conversation? I addressed all his issues, but you would likely not realize that because you don't know all these members by their actual names. At any rate your opinion is of no value to me on this.

If this is about the questions I asked GSS about his LPM I apologize if it seemed like I was being hard on him. I was actually trying to understand how this thing works. I always try to treat people here respectively until they attack me personally. My remarks and questions were in no way meant to be personal. to GSS. I had thought he had a different LPM than the one offered by Sanwu. I looked over the options on that one sometime ago and found it lacking and wanted to know more about his personal experiences. If you think I was rough you should have been here 6 years ago. New members back then were assaulted by members that had been here much longer by having points taken away for their remarks or questions.

Snecho

I know Paul may seem to come off sticky and can get involved in everything, but it is because he is very knowledgeable and trying to help. People are different, different ages, come from different backgrounds, and even cultures. Paul is always willing to give out helpful information and has helped lots of bright new people better understand the hobby. I know I haven't been here nearly as long as other knowledgeable members but that's just my $0.02
:)