Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Net finds thread, real or bogus specifications? Report the good or the bad here.

I reported this a year ago too, just remembered, they didn't act like they understood me then either.

I used to buy a lot from them and always had good communication with whoever it was that was playing Robinson at that time. Sometimes I wonder if some of these people didn't benefit from nepotism.

Well, if it were the three beam diode, 149 would be the best price you can find for it, the three beam is going for 175 right now on the only other ebay listing I can find for it.

i had mixed results buying from techood,existotem,newgazer sometimes they forget to send something or think that they shipped it but they didn't, they had a bid listing awhile ago for a nugm02 diode that had on description"for parts or not working" so i messaged them to ask about it and he asked me where i read that from and that its a fully working diode extracted from a new projector block :wtf: i mean dude can't you check your own listing even when someone send you a message about it?

They must have gone through some employee changes as they used to be much better to communicate with. I don't remember the last time I bought something from them. It was probably the NDB7675s I bought at auction. They are brand new, no tin pins and cost me about $25.00 each. I fired them up on my bench supply and measured the wavelength of both with my spectrometer. They are the real deal.

Here's another China laser reseller trick, they put a photo of a very cool looking beam expander on the listing, then as the second photo, show a drawing of a different one making it OK in their mind they represented the unit differently in the first photo, which you might not catch. Another trick is they list them for specific wavelengths to give the impression they are actually made for those specific wavelengths, they aren't, there is no AR coating, they are just glass and cover a wide range, but by putting the wavelength on each listing infers an AR coating.

I bought one from Laserlands, they did the same thing and for all I know, this is the same company. It was a total rip off and won't even adjust focus to infinity, they were made for stage lighting, not as a laser beam expander you can properly adjust to infinity focus:

On an off topic, I got my first Black Buck 8M driver today. It comes with the thermistor to attach to the diode or heat sink. I knew they had a place to connect one. Just didn't expect it to come with it. Looks like a pretty nice driver with a place for a 10K pot to adjust the power after you set the current. Also has a place for a switch like a TTL input to turn the laser on and off without all the current going through it. Very impressive looking driver. My M462 diode went out today and is scheduled to be delivered on Friday. :yh:

Great, I bought two of them from DTR myself and received them a few days ago, they are an outstanding driver, mine came with that that.

You got yours before I did?! You are in Qatar and I am just in Tacoma. Go figure.

Oops, said wrong, I ordered two from Russia a month ago, DTR's not here yet.

These are used laser diodes and there are several kinds that this seller keeps us from knowing which this is by not allowing a view of the back side of the diode. These could be from some very old projectors and could have many more hours on them than what is claimed in this sale. The cheap price and the fact that I can't tell how old these are scares me away from buying any of them. Look at DTR's website on M140 diodes and the different versions of them.

Last edited: