Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ebay cheapie rebuild

A

Ardvaark

Hello everyone, check out my post in the welcome section. I've covered pretty much all the newbie basics.
The patient I have today is a 12 dollar "MILITARY 301" style greenie from ebay. Well as I stated previously, this thing was completely awesome for the first <1 hour. Then it went dim on me. I've got the ebay seller giving me a replacement for 5 bucks. I love these little 301's as potential hosts. I'm assuming that they sell these things to WOW you, get a positive feedback and hope that they can get out of offering any fair resolution when they die. He offered for me to send it back for a refund or sell me another for 5 bucks. Like I said, I think their pretty good as a donor host, so I opted to buy another. Sorry for repeating myself. Heavily medicated because of 4 ruptured discs in my back.

So I'm beginning to take this guy down to his shorts and see if I can remove the old and pop in a new.

If there is some interest I'll post some photos.
Wish me luck!:beer:

Tmack

We love pics.. Don't you have a new module? Or is this exploratory surgery?

A

Ardvaark

Have not completely decided on a module yet but the 200mw from techhood looks like a very good candidate. That or the 100, 120, or 150mw.
I took some good photos to put on but I'll have to upload them somewhere so that I can post links to them. I guess we can't just upload photos in this forum.

Peter

Try this link for the photos:
http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/g...140109_115253_zpse7b6daac.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3

Update: Was easily able to gut this baby! 11.9mm YES! Also uploaded some photos showing it completely disassembled. I'm suprised no one else has posted something like this here, I looked for info on this here and I did not find anything. If I missed some please fill me in, I love to have some tips on rebuilding this baby.

Peter

Last edited:

Tmack

I got the 120mw from him and it was exactly 120mw.
I think it was the best deal. $30. Make sure the length is compatible. But tech hood is the man. I got a 200mw 650 from him. Also right on the money

A

Ardvaark

Is the 200mw more awesome than the 120mw?"

Last edited:
A

Ardvaark

I've got to run and take my dog to the groomers. When I get back I'll start trying to beat the old assembly out of the shell with a deep well socket. Looks doable..

Tmack

Honestly for the $ difference, the visual difference isn't enough. You need to double the owner for any considerable difference. And for 50 more dollars I don't think it's worth it. Rather get 2 120mw. But yeah they are slightly brighter.... Slightly. The 200mw is 60mm long. The 120 is 45-50 I think. I happened to need a shorter one

A

Ardvaark

ok, cool, I'm transplanting my 100mw 405nm into this baby right now!

:wave:

Peter