Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

eBay "5mw" 301 host

So I recently ordered a green laser off of eBay, and I'm pretty impressed. http://bit.ly/19Wlgwr The package came in 10 days from ghazadongforshizzle china, in a small bubble mailer. Inside was the 301 laser and keys. Upon examination I found the laser to be just like any other 301, and threw in a battery. I expected a dot to appear at the wall I was pointing at. A large, green dot with a beam appeared! I was expecting around 30-50mw, but I believe this is higher. I don't have an lpm, but I can see the beam at an angle in a well lit room. Any guesses on power? Pictures soon!

You cant estimate power by looking at the beam or its burning capabilitys. Get it lpm'd

Actually you can. I'm pretty sure around 50mw it pops black balloons and around 80-100 it Lights matches. An estimate but still useful. I can't get it lpm ed because I don't have one and I don't know anyone with one :/

Burning capabilities are to a large extent not very well correlated with the laser's output power... the burning capabilities are much more dependent upon the size of the beam. A well focused 35mW laser will light matches...

Augg people who say MAH LAZOR IS 200MW CAUSE I CAN HAZ BURN BLACK TAPE are dumb. Maybe I should clarify what was said earlier

THERE IS NO WAY TO KNOW WHAT YOUR LASER IS OUTPUTTING UNLESS YOU LPM IT. IT WOULD BE 30MW OR 200MW. YOU WILL NEVER KNOW AND CANNOT REASONABLY ESTIMATE WITHOUT AN LPM.

There is a thread showing the locations of all members with LPMs

Find one close to you and send it there.

And yes, we ALREADY know that cheap green pens are overspec. No need to tell us again.

I almost got the sense you were bragging in the OP.

:thinking:
-Matt

WOW, its a review, I was telling people that this seller sells a nice laser that is overspec for $10. How could I be bragging? Please don't throw the word dumb around. I was nervous about joining this forum because I expected a bunch of people that look down on beginners. Some lived up to that expectation, and some didn't. This attitude makes me want to leave.

Last edited:
Almost all eBay lasers are overspec... and emit IR :thinking:

Made an acct to just to post in this thread :S
been creeping though out alot of threads
@KRNAZNBOY we understand noobs can be annoying especially in a hobby your passionate about but being an elitist is just as annoying