Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ebay 532nm/Guidesman Build

Ok, so I've had this host for some time now and couldn't do much with it as the heatsink was to big for an aixiz module. I also recently bought some of the overspec ebay lasers everyone was taking about. So i said why not harvest a module and put it in a host?? so thats just what i did. I took a dremel right in the side of the Pen laser and split it to extract the module. I then took the dremel to open the heatsink up a little more so i could fit the module inside of it. the 532nm module it about 13mm in side.

so here is everything.
IMG_0127.jpg

Here is the module. I sanded it down a bit so it would fit in the heatsink better.
IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

I used a duracell 123 battery with a magnet on the negative to make good contact with the one side of the side clicky switch.
IMG_0132.jpg

I stretched the spring out so i could run it of the single battery.
IMG_0130.jpg

The spring touched the top the other side of the side clicky to complete the ground.
IMG_0135.jpg

And the finished project! the lens works well for focusing.
IMG_0137.jpg

Edit: with the great idea from Sinner i was able to get a nice focus adapter on it. now it looks professional.
IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

Some Beam Shots
IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

sinner

That's a very nice build.. Probably a co-incidence that i also did a similar build last week but i havent uploaded a thread yet.. Very nice use of the module, The best part being rechargeable lithiums, now i bet you wont worry about the AAA primaries.. Mine runs on single 18650 Li-Ion..

+1 to you.

Thanks for the +Rep. i actually used a standard 123 cell that i had laying around that pushing 3v. i was kinda worried about using 16340 because i wasn't sure if these cheap modules could handle the extra voltage.

sinner

I was also kinda worried about that, but after soldering the two switch connections togather i gave it a try with the bench power supply which i happen to have, The current regulation was good and it holded well stable 370mA at 4.1V all the way down to 2.6V..

Here's my build
2429k.jpg

Nice, I'll have to give that a try with one of my 16340's maybe even be able to fit a 18650 with some modification. Did you use magic stick as a host? That's sweat. How exactly did you manage to use the focus adapter?

Last edited:

sinner

It's hard to explain but this image might give you an idea..

That's an aixiz lens..
rihkyu.jpg

I also managed to change the collimating lens , The previous one was scratched and the output was not good!!

So i removed the original lens, Cut the nozzle and filed it to a flat retainer-like thing , It will fit in a new aixiz lens at the back pretty nicely, There's this cavity which seems to be made just for this purpose!! lol

O wow great idea. I'm going to have to try this that way I'll be able to put a real focus adapter on there. That's just an acrylic aixiz lens?

sinner

Yes, The acrylic lens will need to sit much closer to the opticals in order to get a proper beam, but the divergence gets a little higher with acrylic lens, If you have a perfectly fine lens then you need not to do this..

Nice build! :gj: I was going to suggest making some sort of focus adapter for it to complete the build, aesthetically speaking, but as usual Sinner beat me to it! ;) +1 :beer:

Last edited:

sinner

Haha Grainde :yh: That's just what i do.. I'm a professional people beater :crackup:

Updated the OP with pictures of laser with new focus adapter. Thanks for the Idea. just a little more fine tuning and it will be perfect.

Wow that looks 10 x better!

@Sinner I hope you dont use your magic sticks for that purpose? :crackup: :beer: