Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Easy/Cheap Focus Adapter Tutorial

Tools Required: Glue or epoxy (NO SUPER GLUE), pliers or strong thin fingers. That's it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Starry-5in1-Gre...659?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf7e5f273
Here is the laser I bought which came with the tips. The laser is dead so I made use of the tips.
img0606copy.jpg

img0607copy.jpg

img0608copy.jpg

img0609copy.jpg

img0611copy.jpg

img0613copy.jpg

Last edited:

LaZeRz

Kewl!

Thats a nice little adapter that probably wont burn your fingers like the Aixiz

Goodjob :D

You might want to add this:

Dont use super/crazy glue. When they dry off they leave marks on your lens and destroy it. The best thing to use is probably epoxy.

Last edited:
Yes you are correct. I have lost a lens to superglue a time or two. I have epoxy that I should have used. You can use superglue without ruining the lens but epoxy is better all around. Epoxy will last longer as well. Especially on a part that gets a lot of action.

LaZeRz

Yeh

I just dont wanna see any people ruining lenses. Those Jayrob ones especially.

+1 :)

Lucky some one mentioned NOT to use Crazy Glue...
I was starting to freak out :eek: when I first read it...:yh:

Jerry

HIMNL9

About superglue, there's 2 ways for not ruin lenses, as far as i've descovered on my own skin (and lenses :p)

First way, is to have the lens TOTALLY clean, and i mean, absolutely no residuates of any type, especially mist or finger oil, then use it in a constant air flow (the "deposit" that superglue left on the lens reacting with anything there's on the surface, cannot form if there are no residuates on the surface and the lens is kept in an airflow until totally dried)

In alternative, Loctite make 3 different specific formulations of superglues for optical / no-halo use, called 403 (standard), 408 (capillar, penetrates almost everywhere) and 460 (low viscosity) ..... still to be used in ventilated ambient, but with almost no halo also in normal conditions.

So what glues SHOULD we use?

Also, the Sillicone flashlight tailcaps we use as lens covers, will they still fit?

So what glues SHOULD we use?

Also, the Sillicone flashlight tailcaps we use as lens covers, will they still fit?

If it's the same size as the star cap I have then yes the clicky covers fit. It does look to be the same one.

I stand corrected. That's interesting I thought that one was the same size as the one I have.

Edit: Added photo's of my starcap with dustcover. This is one from the <$15.00 Amazon (No dimples) pen.

starcap1.JPG

photo%2525202%2525284%252529.JPG

I think I see what is going on now. I had one of the switch covers with the little nib on the inside cut down. Unmodified ones won't fit, but if you take the cover and turn it inside out and slice most of the "post" off, it fits. At least on mine. :)

Last edited:
Oh right. Jcranmer, that's what i meant. With the thingy cut out.

Yobresal's one seems to be slightly curved at the top, and yours seems to be flat... or is that just the way the pics are taken?

Oh right. Jcranmer, that's what i meant. With the thingy cut out.

Yobresal's one seems to be slightly curved at the top, and yours seems to be flat... or is that just the way the pics are taken?

Yeah I think you are right. Mine is perfectly flat on top.