Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Earthquake of 5.2 magnitude hits Britain

not sure if you guys over the pond heard about this, but at 01am last night i experienced an earthquake for the first time in 24 years.
as funny as it sounds, i was scared. i had absolute no idea what it was.
at the time it happened, i was on the phone to an ex-girlfriend who lives pretty far away from me, lets just say around 150 miles away.
first, my whole bed started vibrating really loud, a framed photo on the wall also started to shake rapidly.
i immediately asked my ex if she felt that, at first she said no then about 5 seconds later she felt it too.
apparently this was felt around some parts of europe.

tomcat

threw me off my computer chair... was playing empire earth with a friend over lan
my ups kicked in too so it must have caused a power surge or brownout im in sheffield and it was around 1.7 here

Things

wow that would be freaky. I doubt we are getting any earthquakes soon. Cyclones ae about as extreme as it gets for us, though we have had a tsunami warning once ;D

chido

Damn, I think I would've $#it my self :eek: ;D since I've never experienced an earthquake before.
Here in Minnesota, we only get those boring little @$$ tornados every now and then. :p

I live in San Francisco. I have felt too many earthquakes to count. The little ones are kind of fun. The big ones knock stuff over and put cracks in chimneys and walls. The really big ones have knocked down overpasses and parts of the bay bridge. Those ones are not fun in the least bit.