Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Early november night session

gismo

Since some solid time's passed now without me doing some more laser beam photo-shooting - mainly due to unpredictable weather conditions, work duties and in the end a partial laziness:D - I've decided to contribute with more photons results.

November's started pretty cold, it was starry night with temperatures between 3-5 °C, so despite the nearly freezing point background I prepared the following for this session:

6 lasers: 2.4W 445nm - 100mW 455nm - 100mW 520nm - 600mW 532nm - 1W 638nm - 1W 660nm

4 diffraction grating glasses, each 5x5cm in dimensions, secured by one or a pair of wooden cloth pegs (basically serving as simple clamps). As pedestals were used 2 solid concrete blocks and 1 blue 25l plastic drum (not seen in the pictures coming). I used the back of a dark green shed (3x2m) as the natural background.

This photo set is my very 1st attempt while using diffraction grating glasses, I improvised a lot, after nearly 2.5 hours, 2 batteries empty and cold feet I managed to take 50 pictures. I picked up the ones I liked mostly. Hopefully some of them will you, fellow watchers, find decent enough.

Nikon D5200 with 18-55mm lens at 20sec exposure time applied.

Here we go:).

I started with basics, to warm up a little (no gratings used).

Then to multiply my efforts, diffraction time's come:).

One laser standing as an object.

Two lasers standing as objects.

Three lasers standing as objects.

Cinema look:na:.

Peg in action:D.

:thanks: for reading & watching.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Excellent! :kewlpics:

With solid beams like that, are you sure you didn't get your hands on some "lightsabers"? :D

SKeeZ

I like it, its different than brucemir's pics in that you show the actual laser instead of just the beams, i don't mind it.

gismo

Thank you all for the comments, gentlemen!

Perhaps I should point out one thing, which must be clear enough anyways: I could produce the lightsaber effect mainly due to combination of cold air and my very own mouth turbine:D. It works well at short distance. Thanks god for the 20sec exposure time, I'm not sure if I managed to practice deep breathe exercise at less than 5°C for much longer:thinking:.

Last edited: