Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Eagle Pair Red laser googles

I have just recieved a pair of Eagle Pair laser googles to use with my red lasers.
Silly question but should i be able to see any of the red dot when viewing with the googles on? I cant see any sign of the dot or beam when wearing them.

What kind of laser do you have? (How many mw's of output does it have?)
It might be too weak?

Seeing the laser dot with safety-glasses is essential for laser-usage with glasses/goggles.

Greetz,
- Nicklas

I have two red lasers that i have put together,as in the attached picture. Not sure how much they are putting out as i dont have a mw meter.I am powering them with two cr2s

Attachments

• bundle.png
    bundle.png
    376.1 KB · Views: 431
assuming you are not running them on super-low mA's. I have a hard time understanding why the goggles would block it 100%.
Anyone else knows? Too 'strong' goggles?

The spec with the glasses says as follows
fourth harmonic generation Nd; Yag laser ommiter 266 nm
He- Ne laser emitter 632.8 nm
ruby laser emitter 694 nm
alexandrite laser emitter 755 nm

OD 4

That's what I don't like about the eagle pair laser goggles: they just specify OD4, no note on which wavelength that would be. Good chance it's higher than 4 on certain wavelengths. But usually full protection eyewear blocks everything, alignment eyewear is more specific in OD.