Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

e cig power supply

my son broke his eGo-c-twist e cig and i took it apart and found it has a 13480
battery 2.55 wh i am asuming that is what hours. have to figure out the milliamp and volt it looks like it has a drive assemble in the top of the ecig and a small black tube for the case which i surmise is the same base for the 5mw laser pens you get at ebay. what I am wondering if i can use the drive for a diode

You can use it as a power supply, but not as a laser driver. A laser driver is driving circuitry designed to give the laser clean, constant current. An e-cig driver "drives" a resistive wire. Basically it is a glorified switch. Sometimes it is voltage regulated to some random voltage.

I would use a working one, and incorporate the 510 connector into a custom laser build that includes its own driver, if I wanted to use an e-cig battery as a power supply. Not a bad idea, either, since ecig batteries are a nice source of power in a small package.

9396-0309141930.jpg
oh ok thanks for the i info I think i am going or order a ecig working bottom and use it for a power supply thanks for the Idea. I am going to get one of the rechargable ones and figure out the ohms and milliamp and drive a laser with that. I think i am going to put it in one of my cases i have a bunch of. Its harden plastic with a 12 mm hole and a big hole for a rocker switch I think that is what im going to use for a customer build I also have a few of these and will sell them if any one is interested in a box style host

Helios

I wouldnt talk sales in a discussion forum.

I am also a bit curious as to what component you are going to measure resistance (ohms) of?

For Electronic Cigarettes power supplys we need to use an additional power transistor which is designed to supply more than 1.5 A of load current.The battery is the power supply for e-cigs. These batteries are rechargable lithium ion batteries.

electronic hookah