Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX UltraFire 90mW Green Laser disappointed

I just received my DX 90mW Green Laser SKU#9311 after waiting for a month and half.

The build quality of the case is great, threads is smooth and lubricated, but missing the Laser Warning label. After unscrewed the glass lens, I noticed the Laser module is misaligned see picture.

When first power up it was very bright at first, but after running for 30 seconds it becomes dimmer and after 60 seconds the brightness reduces to 1/3 just a little bit brighter than my pot mod Leadlight 5mW (I in 320mA) and after 90 seconds not brighter than Leadlight see picture. I used brand new Panasonic Lithium Primary battery for this test.

Leadlight on left UltraFire on right after 90 seconds

Attachments

• Leadlight-UF.JPG
    Leadlight-UF.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 278
hit or miss...
return it. they give u some adress in Florida, dont worry, its not hong kong. atleast when i returned my true 50mW before.

mikeeey said:
hit or miss...
return it. they give u some adress in Florida, dont worry, its not hong kong. atleast when i returned my true 50mW before.

Thanks man, I already requested for RMA. Will have to wait untill DX getting the good units before I order again.

TheMonk said:
[quote author=mikeeey link=1200116877/0#2 date=1200124165]hit or miss...

Thanks man, I already requested for RMA. Will have to wait untill DX getting the good units before I order again.[/quote]
yes, i think they have now, but who knows. im only saying this cuz it shows they have them in stock. when we were waiting for ours to arive it still said our of stock. get what im saying?

mikeeey said:
[quote author=TheMonk link=1200116877/0#3 date=1200125878][quote author=mikeeey link=1200116877/0#2 date=1200124165]hit or miss...

Thanks man, I already requested for RMA. Will have to wait untill DX getting the good units before I order again.[/quote]
yes, i think they have now, but who knows. im only saying this cuz it shows they have them in stock. when we were waiting for ours to arive it still said our of stock. get what im saying?[/quote]

I would like to see someone from DX posting messages letting people know their units are good now.

I will crosspost this just so no one misses this (sorry for that!). This is how mine was looking on the inside - to get the laser head out you will first have to remove the lens -> remove the black top that is screwd on to the laserhead (the top part - use a wrench) -> Screw of the head of the flashlight itself - > use a wrench and grab it around the silver aluminium part and twist. It's just forced in to the battery tube and is stuck there quite hard, so you'll need to jiggel it abit:

As you can see - it's only 30mW and missing the warning label how many mW it is (should be on the outside - it's on my friends two other 30mW flashlight model lasers from DX). So this is clearly a fraud of some kind. Question is if it is DX doing this deliberly or if ís is the supplier!?

laser.jpg

could someone tell me how i can take it apart? i need to see if my diode is 30mW or 80?
its really weird, cuz sometimes it seems more like a 90, i can burn things from far away, and other times it seems liek a 30, it doesnt even burn my skin. then other times it does.
actually, most people said the longer they keep it on the more it weakens, nope, for me it gets stronger the longer i keep it on.
this is a very confusing laser, as sometimes it appears powerful then other times it doesnt. as for brightness in daylight, its weak, and my previous laser was a lot stronger.

so i need help taking this apart.

thanks.

Lorgar

mullerhawk said:
As you can see - it's only 30mW and missing the warning label how many mW it is (should be on the outside - it's on my friends two other 30mW flashlight model lasers from DX). So this is clearly a fraud of some kind. Question is if it is DX doing this deliberly or if ís is the supplier!?

From what ive read at DX the supplier was under preasure to deliver the 90mW versions but didnt have them so they unbranded the 30's and sent them instead I am fairly certain DX didnt know this was going on they just ship out what they get sent by the supplier

Lorgar said:
[quote author=mullerhawk link=1200116877/0#6 date=1200128685]

From what ive read at DX the supplier was under preasure to deliver the 90mW versions but didnt have them so they unbranded the 30's and sent them instead I am fairly certain DX didnt know this was going on they just ship out what they get sent by the supplier[/quote]
i agree, i dont beleive it was a scam comming from DX, but from the supplier.