Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX true 100Mw dismantled *pictures*

*sorry if I posted in the wrong section* I'm sure a Moderator will move it if need be. Thanks

I received my DX true 100mW green laser pointer today and it didn't take me long to decide to take it apart. One the momentary switch was buggered up as I needed to press quite hard to get the thing to work and when it did it would flicker bright dim ext..

I grabbed a thick cloth and my trusty pliers and pulled the end cap off, to my amazement I also pulled out the entire assembly with it.

I fixed the switch by re soldering the pads and in general everything else I could hit my iron on.

I see the diode is a Samsung.. As DX has updated there spec's

Below is Copied from DX

Max Output: <= 100mW (manufacturer rated)
Wave Length: 532nm
Output wave: Continuous wave
Class: Class 3B (update: the factory has confirmed this to be a genuine Samsung Laser Chip rated 3B)
Power: 2 x AAA battery (included)
Time to reach full laser strength: 0 to 60 seconds
Comparison: About 2 times brighter than the 10mW green laser with a bigger dot and a more visible beam

Length: 5.59 "
Width: 0.51 "
Weight: 1.98 oz

Length: 9.0 cm
Width: 1.3 cm
Weight: 56.2 gram

Any way the laser works great now.

DSC00266.jpg

DSC00267.jpg

DSC00268.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

The pointer is noticeably longer then my LedShoppe 405nm

DSC00273.jpg

A few beam shots in a sun drenched room

DSC00274.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

The beam and dot looked way brighter then my crappy camera shows.

Last edited:

at the moment I cant say what the out put really is. Im going to order a meter from one of the forum members next week. I know its brighter then my Ray Foss 66mW 532nm but not as bright as my RF 170mW.

Id say its around 100-125 mw for sure. I tried to see how long I could run it before killing it and left it on till the batteries went dead, I was really amazed on how well the heat sinking is on this unit. I popped in a fresh set of batteries this morning and its running like a champ.

does the front cap unscrew? Looks like it does but I can't tell for sure.

The only thing glued on it the tiny lens, everything else is threaded.

i thought the pictures show every thing? If you need other shots let me know and I can take a photo of what you need to see better. :yh:

Spankz

I intend on opening up my dx 50mw greenie to mod it, this would definitely help. thanks! So do i pull it off or "unscrew" it? did you have trouble closing it back up? seems pretty simple to replace with diff parts.

The module is threaded into the cap. The cap is pressed into the casing.

I intend on opening up my dx 50mw greenie to mod it, this would definitely help. thanks! So do i pull it off or "unscrew" it? did you have trouble closing it back up? seems pretty simple to replace with diff parts.
Really Id leave it be, I either damaged the Diode or driver, not sure which one.

The power button has a small metal ring around it and it grounded it self to the housing. When I hit the button the thing got hot real fast and now I have it in pieces in a box till someone has an idea of what needs to be replaced.