Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX Shipping to USA

Has anyone ever had their laser shipped from DX to the USA? The reason i ask this is because i live in Florida and just today i had a confirmation that the laser I ordered went from the original location of DX all the way to JAMAICA, NY 11405 "i know, the name surprised me too". The message i got when tracking the order was that the package was processed and shipped today at Jamaica, NY. Does anyone find it a little strange to have the laser processed so far out of the way of its arriving location "Florida"?

It's likely that they shipped it first to an international airport which has a customs office. New York is likely the closest such airport; or the cheapest airport to ship to. Why Jamaica, NY, instead of New York, NY? I don't know, but it probably has something to do with where warehouses are.

I don't know for sure, but this is what seems most likely to me.

When I tracked one of my orders from DX, it went through Jamaica NY as well.
No big deal.

daguin

mikewitt said:
Anyone know how long it usually takes to get from Hong Kong to the US?

What coast are you closer to? ;) As has been shown, the oversea shipping comes into New York. From that point, it takes how ever long mail usually takes to get from New York. For me (Southern California) it usually takes less than a week from the time it (finally) leaves Hong Kong. The long wait is NOT after it is shipped. The majority of the waiting is before it is shipped.

Peace,
dave

Third coast. (Chicago). Thanks for the quick response.

EDIT: Also, how do I know when it has left Hong Kong? The package says it left Hong Kong on the USPS site:
Your item left HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG on June 1, 2008. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

will

When using the air mail from DX, who handles the packages in the US? USPS?

judging my previous orders from DX. id say my order should be here tomorrow or the next day. and thank you guys for the help

How did you find out that your package was in Jamaica, NY?

I called USPS, and they said that my packages actually left Hong Kong on June 1st and June 4th respectively, but they haven't been received in the US yet.

daguin

mikewitt said:
How did you find out that your package was in Jamaica, NY?

I called USPS, and they said that my packages actually left Hong Kong on June 1st and June 4th respectively, but they haven't been received in the US yet.

If you check online you can find out where your package is every step of the way. Now once it moves to the next step, the last one is gone so you cannot see the whole journey, but you can know approximately how close it is to you now.

Peace,
dave

daguin

mikewitt said:
Do I look on the USPS site, or the Hong Kong Post website?

If you have a number that ends in HK for Hong Kong (CH for China, etc.), you should be able to look it up on the USPS site (if it's left Hong Kong)

Even if it doesn't end in HK, I'd try it. The worst you will get is "you can't look that up on this site" or "no information."

Peace,
dave

I've been looking on the USPS site; thanks though for the help.

I also noticed that you can see the history of the package; if you click on "Additional Details" then it will show you where the package has been.

daguin

mikewitt said:
if you click on "Additional Details" then it will show you where the package has been.

Cool. I didn't know that.

Peace,
dave

So I FINALLY got an update on MY packages. :eek:

My order shipped as two separate packages, one with the batteries and the dilda-lazor, one with my green laser and charger. The dildalazor shipped first, then the greenie. Now the greenie is in the US, but the red laser isnt :mad:

Any idea why this is?