Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX has a new laser, but how many mW is it?

well its not letting me post the link, but go to Deal Extreme and look at the green lasers, you will see a keychain laser called "Green Laser Keychain" and it's $68.50. I just bought the $66.49 50mW laser, but if this one is better then i think i will cancel my order and get this one, unless canceling an order costs money.

so my two questions:

how many mW's is this keychain laser?

and

does it cost to cancel an order?

Things

post the link but put spaces where the dots are.
i went there but i couldn't find it :-?

mikeeey said:
[quote author=things link=1181509708/0#1 date=1181513870]post the link but put spaces where the dots are.
i went there but i couldn't find it :-?
(www)(dot)dealextreme(dot)com/products(dot)dx/category(dot)911[/quote]
nvm, now that i look at it, if u look close it says 50mW on the label.
so does it cost any aditional money cancel an order?
im not sure if i want this one or just the normal 50mW. this oen doesnt use AAA batteries. but if the battery it comes with is rechargable then i wouldnt mind, otherwise i dont want to go out buying these uncommon batteries for a more expensive price

S

SenKat

I do not think it costs money to cancel the order - but you had better check with them first before you do !

SenKat said:
I do not think it costs money to cancel the order - but you had better check with them first before you do !
yea i dont know if i even wanna, i mean its nice cuz its small and portable, but the batteries are different. the only exception is if that battery it came with was rechargable.

in the other topic we were discussing the normal 50mW fitting in your pocket and it breaking. does it fit nicely in ur pocket or is it too big, length-wise?

S

SenKat

The other, pne-styled unit is a little bit longer than other pointers, but not by much - like a fraction of a fraction of an inch. They all fit decently in your pocket if you want to put them there - assuming you have "normal" pockets ! LOL

SenKat said:
The other, pne-styled unit is a little bit longer than other pointers, but not by much - like a fraction of a fraction of an inch.  They all fit decently in your pocket if you want to put them there - assuming you have "normal" pockets ! LOL
lol pockets for me are jeans. baggy jeans.

Aseras

SenKat said:
The other, pne-styled unit is a little bit longer than other pointers, but not by much - like a fraction of a fraction of an inch. They all fit decently in your pocket if you want to put them there - assuming you have "normal" pockets ! LOL

My rpl fits niecely ina "normal pocket" not anymore of a burden that a screwdriver.

My camrea and cellphone however do not like sharing my other pocket.

Aseras said:
[quote author=SenKat link=1181509708/0#6 date=1181524424]The other, pne-styled unit is a little bit longer than other pointers, but not by much - like a fraction of a fraction of an inch.  They all fit decently in your pocket if you want to put them there - assuming you have "normal" pockets ! LOL

My rpl fits niecely ina "normal pocket" not anymore of a burden that a screwdriver.

My camrea and cellphone however do not like sharing my other pocket.[/quote]
here i used sizeasy(dot)com to show the size comparison of the 50mW DX laser next to a pop can, my phone, and a credit card vertical and horizontal.
it gives me a pretty good understanding of how big it is.
50mwsizecomparisonrc4.jpg

N00B

lol, So have we figured out how many mw these are? They look very similar to some of the 5mw models i see on ebay.

S

SenKat

Yup - those 5mw versions on ebay are available in up to 100mw versions as well. The label on the DX one says <50mw so I ASSUME 50mw ! LOL I dunno if that is justa stock photo though...

SenKat said:
Yup - those 5mw versions on ebay are available in up to 100mw versions as well.  The label on the DX one says   <50mw so I ASSUME 50mw ! LOL  I dunno if that is justa stock photo though...
yea lol i think it is. i would get it if it used common batteries, but o well.