Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX DealExtream ?!?

DealExtream sells all sorths of things...
they sell many lockpicking items (which is wheremy primary background of internet buying it found)
in the locksmithing lockpicking field, the general rule of thumb is NEVER buy from DX, they talk literally months upon months to finally ship your goods and its rarely worth what you payed...

YET i see many people keep posting links to DX on here for hoasts and other parts...
my question is... is DX a respectable dealer in this field... im quite leery of ordering from them from the bad taste left in my mouth from other hobbies.
do they ship fast for flashlights/laserparts

their prices have always been good and they are the ONLY place to get a couple products ive had to order... but their shipping time has been soooo bad for the products i order i dont order uless i have too, is that the case3 here?!?

thanks guys

i have only had good experiences with them. i get prompt shipment notices and my parts usually arrive within a couple weeks.

pay attention to when you order from them. the chinese take their new year and a few other holidas very serious, so this could be the delay.

michael.

I bought something from there once, it arrived in 12 days. Everything I buy from there is in good condition, just sometimes slow.

They are a good company, and cheap. But the really cheap stuff is really, well, cheaply made. For the stuff we use here they are a great company. I usually get my stuff in around 3 weeks. Like Chippy said you have to keep track of their holidays, because there will be additional delays. I usually will hold off till I have a good amount of things before ordering. I bought a set of lock picks to pick my payphone. They were not the greatest, but for under $10 I couldn't complain. If you are looking for tools of the trade then its better to go to a commercial grade web site. For home/laser projects DX is great.

haha as far as the picks they sell they are OK... I know which picks to buy and which ones not too... BUT i had to buy them :)

i run a lockpick review website (among other things, tutorials and lock reviews and such) and had to add those picks... took over 6 months to arrive... they sell a few other locksmith tools that take the same insane shipping time to arrive..

im glad they arnt so bad with all their products :)

thanks for the info guys

my site isnt a forum, just an informative site...
i do run on several lockpicking forums... non of which condone burgalry or picking for any other reason than pleasure. I personally am a professional locksmith and get to pick locks that are mounted in doors legally, most locksport enthusiests dont pick locks in doors, usually intheir hands or a vise.
mony of us have youtube channels where we share our skills, but again, not burgalers... just hobbiests or professionals... like the laser community, most laser enthusiests dont blind cops to get out of speeding tickets cause its just wrong, most locksport enthusiests dont pick locks they dont own cause its just wrong.

Not that good experience with DX.

You guys probably do not order that often,
Lately DX is shipping items without ANY protective material , and with HUGE delays.

And of course this has nothing to do with Chinese holidays.

BTW I do agree - If you are time dependent- Do not order anything from China at the end of Jan. and begging of Feb. At that time is Chinese new year holiday which last for 15 days.

2011 is Year 4708 by Chinese Calendar ;)

There are a number of Chinese holidays. Dates depend on what year it is, but you can get an idea from this calender.

calendar2009_e.gif

Edit: Also take in the fact that the fake toner bomb was from China. So they are giving extra attention at customs.

Last edited:
Also keep in mind, while the actual holiday may only be one day, a lot of places will still take off multiple days for it.

But my dealings with DX has been fairly good. If your in a hurry, pay for EMS shipping, though it isn't ALWAYS faster than the free air mail, but from what i've seen, it generally shaves at least a week off the average time and in general stuff shows up within 10 days.

I keep tracking my stuff and all it says is origin post is preparing shipment. I have two orders that were placed the same day and right now I am heading into the third week of waiting for my parts for my laser build. I still need my driver which should be in today, but that is coming from within the US.

Well that was putting the trakcing number into the USPS website. Hopefully it is here sooner rather than later because I am itchin to get this laser built. I want to take my T-Rex 450 SE and put on reflective blades and bolt the heli down and spin the rotor up to speed and use the collective to control where the laser reflects. Wearing my snazzy new safety glasses of course.

Only if my parts come in though.

I wish they had better shipping options from DX though.

Well after it leaves DX.. it kind of ceases to be their fault if it takes forever. Now if it takes them 3 weeks to even ship(which has happenend) then that IS there fault.

hoon

"United States Customers Only: due to new regulations enforced by the US FDA and PayPal, orders of >5mW
lasers units shipped to the United States are no longer accepted. Orders that were previously accepted
and unshipped will be cancelled and refunded to customers. This affects United States orders only.

Important FDA Warning for all >5mW Lasers: FDA advices all customers that these lasers may be purchased
only if you are NOT a citizen of the United States and you are NOT currently living in the United
States."

Is this true, they won't ship anymore?