Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dx 5mw laser dies out

kzr22

hi,
I just got my new laser and i love it it can shine for as faras i can see but sometimes itll die out or not start when u hit the button or be really weak. This is usually fixed by shaking it around or waiting a little bit but its anoying and id like to fix it. I tried stuffing cotton down the bottom of the tube where the batteries go and that just made it not shine at all. I think its probably a connection problem but im all out of ideas can anyone help me?

Maybe because you're sticking cotton in the tube instead of a good set of batteries?

:na:

Sorry, I just had to.

Anyways.... can you hear any parts inside the laser moving, and clanking about when when you shake it as you do?

Do you have any soldering experience?

-Tyler

Instead of stuffing cotton down the barrel, use aluminum foil. This will fix a connection problem because aluminum conducts electricity unlike cotton.

Last edited:

kzr22

well i did hear clanking and i replaced the batter ies and it seams to be working good so far
:p

D

Deleted member 8382

I'm solving this problem with a spring inside the barrel. Disassemble a pen ;)

Yours,
Albert

kzr22

I think it was just the crappy factory battery and now im hitting myself for being so stupid *doh*

thanks guys

D

Deleted member 8382

Well I ensure you the batteries don't make proper contact with the barrel once you have used the laser for a while. Remember the spring trick because I ensure you will need it now or later.

kzr22

alright thanks if this happens again ill try it do u mean in the bottom of where the batteries go?