Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX 50mWs and Novalaser X125

ArRaY

I know that this probably was a topic to a dozen other threads, but again, I can´t find one.

Today I recieved the two 'untrue' Dx 50mW lasers that I purchased some weeks ago
and I am quite content with them. They look nice, they feel good and sturdy and they are around 20mW.
I speculated for at least 35+ with them, but no dice. Should have got the 'true' 30 instead, but now it is to late and I am ok with them anyway.

However, they missed the WOW effect that my first 30 mW green laser, 125 mW red and 68mW blu-ray had. Perhaps I am used to 532nm or I need more power. I now know that it is the power. While I always wondered why someone would buy a laser from nova and pay that much money, I am now at that point myself.

I can´t wait getting a higher powered, quality one from them,even though it will cost me big $$$.
The X125 is my favourite at the moment and because it is on sale, I would get the case, membership and light year reward points with it. The X100 has the best mW per $$, though.

What do you recommend me ? Should I buy one ASAP, or should I wait some time for another price drop or a chrismas special/deal?
Does nova realy send lasers that avarage about 120 out as a x100 one, or would they sell it as a x125? Because I would like to get what I paid for...

Long story, short questions, but I hope I was understandable ;D

/me  *Down in the workshop, bringing a Sonar goddess to life(<-?v?)*

diachi

I'd get one ASAP ;)

Most good laser companies sell lasers that output over what they say they do, an x100 will most likely output 120mW or more. an x125 will probably output 140-150mW, unless theres something wrong with it .

-Adam

Nova is a brilliant company, you won't regret it!

I ordered an X-85 last year and the stats are great:
Peak 108.3mw and Average 101.4mw

Also got a free diffraction gratting thing :)

Sefrez

Why wait till Christmas? :p

Sales probably wont be any better than this.

I hope to order one soon. Just have to tempt my mom. (She don't like the illegal thing in US)

get the key switch with the purchase ,then its legal i believe 14 usd from nova

Switch

Just don't be all pissed if you buy an X-100 and it will average at 100mW.That's what they're advertising and that's the minimum you get. :-/ They don't promise overspec lasers you know. ::)

Anyway, if you haven't seen only 30mW of green (which I assume is brighter than 125mW red or 68mW violet) it's gonna be the brightest beam you've ever seen :D And you definetly need goggles. ::)

ArRaY

I will definately get an X100.
I wrote an email to Nova, and magdalena promised me to set an X100 aside that averages at 120 mW, because the X125 is out of stock... Very nice Person she is!! :)

There is always time to get an X125 for my birthday in march ;D
Lasers are just to awesome!! I think I will get an X15 for X-mas just because of the look of it...

ArRaY

ben74

You could just get a x5 from scopeguy20 if you like the look of it.

artix

ben74 said:
You could just get a x5 from scopeguy20 if you like the look of it.

lol wut? Nova lasers sells a 5mW X-series laser? :-?

zachlr

Sefrez said:
Why wait till Christmas? :p

Sales probably wont be any better than this.

I hope to order one soon. Just have to tempt my mom. (She don't like the illegal thing in US)

You could always upgrade to the Alpha series, it costs a bit more but it is 100% legal. I just ordered and Alpha85 after I was going to get an X100 because I didn't want to get caught with an illegal one. Depends on if you are going to take it out in public or not basically, but if you think there is any chance you would get caught with it, I'd say Alpha series is the way to go. If you are going to keep it in the house and burn stuff, save your money and get the X series. The Alpha series also has a better power cycle, battery life, and stuff like that. Your decision. :)

zachlr

john_lawson said:
get the key switch with the purchase ,then its legal i believe 14 usd from nova

Actually to be legal it needs the 5 point safety system. Aperture shutter, 2 second delay, indicator light, dongle, and key. The add-on key is just a preference.

ben74

Artix said:
[quote author=ben74 link=1221674360/0#8 date=1222118130]You could just get a x5 from scopeguy20 if you like the look of it.

lol wut? Nova lasers sells a 5mW X-series laser? :-?[/quote]

Nova does not sell the x5 but cni make a x5 and scopeguy20 had some for $40 i think.