Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

DX 50mW focusable review

blue lasers

hi guys,
i got my laser i ordered from DX 3 days ago and had no time to review it so here it goes the review.
this is the laser i got DealExtreme: $31.90 Focusable 50mW Green Laser Pointer with Safety Key Lock (1*18650 Included)

SHIPPING:
Shipping was normal,i order it on 21st,shipped on 23rd ang got here to my house on 9th of March.

LOOKS:
The laser looks very nice.it's painted a nice black color,have a warning laser on it and safety key lock.

FEELS:
The laser feels very solid and heavy on your hand,the focusing ring is nice also,very easy to focus it.Takes one 18650 Li-ion which is included.

IMPRESSIONS:
The laser sure outputs more than 50mW it can smoke wood,black materials and light matches in less than 2 seconds.The beam is very visible in the night sky and even in the room.

OVERAL:
I highly recommend this laser.It's cheap,powerful,solid feels nice,comes with battery,it's great for me,i wasn't excepting it to be that powerful.

Pros:
cheap($31.90)
Effective
safety key lock
comes with battery
Focusable
visible beam
burns various objects

Cons:
Beam does not come out straight

Video will be up later today.

Now for some pics of it

Thanks for reading!

EDIT:i just calculated the divergence through pseudonomen137's mRad Calculator for laser divergence! and it seems to be ~1.3mRad

Last edited:

laserboystuart

sweet laser, im thinking about getting this one.
how long did it take for shipping?

realista

i don't think that you received an overpowered laser... but just a 50mw laser....you can burn everything because qhen a 50mw laser is IN FOCUS..... can burn like a 100mw laser or more... :)

blue lasers

here's the video

@realista
i think i did because it can burn just like my phr.

DJNY

IMPRESSIONS:
The laser sure outputs more than 50mW it can smoke wood,black materials and light matches in less than 2 seconds.The beam is very visible in the night sky and even in the room.
If it really burns that easy I´m also sure that you had great luck during DX drawing your laser!!

Edit: I saw your video now, it MUST be over 130mW wow!!

Last edited:

randomlugia

In the first beamshot, it shows random lines coming out of the dot. Is that just the camera, or are there a lot of beam artifacts? The third beamshot is awesome, it looks like the beam is cut off in the middle of the sky.

Also, good job video review, I like it when people do those.

Last edited:

blue lasers

In the first beamshot, it shows random lines coming out of the dot. Is that just the camera, or are there a lot of beam artifacts? The third beamshot is awesome, it looks like the beam is cut off in the middle of the sky.

Also, good job video review, I like it when people do those.
no it's just the camera.

bugattidude

thats pretty sweet.. have u noticed that the warning sticker says "Class lllb PEODUCT"?

siqueirah

WOW.
This was the laser I was going to buy.
Well, now I'm definately going to buy this laser. I hope I have so much luck as you did.

Mokado

Sorry to get such a old thread up, but, does someone know how the hell he typed the letters???

Bad i can't find now that laser in no place :(