Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX 30mw lights match!!

I had heard that a DX30 could supposedly light matches, but didn't really believe it. I popped my makeshift lens onto my laser and gave it a try anyway. It took me a while to get the focus right (as you can see in the video) but once i got it down to a speck, it lit within a few seconds! It wasn't a fluke either, i've now lit four matches! ;D

Attachments

• DX_match_2.wmv
    5.1 MB · Views: 39

Gazoo

That's pretty good.... :) Now if only I could get my blu-ray to light a match.. :)

Nice, DX has produced some good lasers lately. My friend just recently got a freak DX30 that lights matches instantly without a lens, hopefully it will last long.

yeah, i've been pleased with mine. however, right after i took the video, i was walking back to my computer and my laser fell out of my pocket onto the tile floor :(. I might have let a few choice words leave my mouth ;). I turned it on and was bright for about a second and then dimmed to a tiny speck. I did this a few times and it kept dimming. just when i though i killed it, it got bright again and works fine :) so it all worked out, but i'm definitely going to be alot more careful.

Rhith

I know with my True 5mW at one point it would give me a really faint dot for a while and I was on laserchat cursing it out but after a few minutes of turning it off and on it came back into life! Which I am very happy for since I can get this thing to easily pop balloons with a lens!