Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX 200mw laser need help!

Loset

well I just got it.. and when I entered batteries it didnt work! my father do electornics and he said
that the batteries doesnt touch the string
so we added another one at the buttom. the laser is working but! it cant burn!
people said that the added string make the batteries lose power.

is there any way to fix this issue?
im using normal AAA batteries 1.5V

Try using a magnifying glass, about an inch from the laser to focus the beam to a smaller dot.
If you are going to be using this for burning you really need safety specs, that bright green beam can do serious damage to your eyes..... the Infra-red that comes out of it will do even worse damage and you cannot even see it.

Just in case it is a contact issue, crumple up some kitchen foil and push it down the bottom of the battery holder to see if it makes a difference.

Regards rog8811

Loset

where can I find focusable lense?

also I cant remove the top so how...?

and dont think the foli works any better =/

Loset said:
where can I find focusable lense?

also I cant remove the top so how...?

and dont think the foli works any better =/

Use a magnifying glass.

And put the top in a vice, then grab the back half and twist, or use pliers if you have to (Soft jaw pliers reccomended.). Do it slowly. It might take 10 minutes, but it's worth it.

And foil should work, stick with that. I usually use a small spring from a pen.

D

Deleted member 8382

beware because from the 200mW i bet half is IR wich comes more diverged and invisible. Buy glasses especially if your are going to burn. magnifing glass should make your laser able to burn. If it can't you have been certainly scammed

--Hallucynogenyc-- said:
beware because from the 200mW i bet half is IR wich comes more diverged and invisible. Buy glasses especially if your are going to burn. magnifing glass should make your laser able to burn. If it can't you have been certainly scammed
Green lasers don't spew IR unless they are poorly designed. The DX 200 should not emit TOO much IR, because if it did, it would be poorly designed... The design limits the IR output, and high IR output(out of the laser) means bad crystals that are not converting it into green

Loset said:
well I just got it.. and when I entered batteries it didnt work! my father do electornics and he said
that the batteries doesnt touch the string
so we added another one at the buttom. the laser is working but! it cant burn!
people said that the added string make the batteries lose power.

is there any way to fix this issue?
im using normal AAA batteries 1.5V
The only way to fix the issue is to send it back and get a refund.
I have a customer in the Netherlands who was sending his RPL back for trade-in and upgrade and asked if I would testand verify the output power of his DX 200mW pointer and then return it with his new RPL. He said it wouldn't even melt electrical tape from 30cm (about 12 inches) distance and wanted to find out how low the output really was.
I tested it with my Coherent fieldmaster GS and LM-3 thermal head.
Output for the 1st 1 to 2 seconds peaked at 128mW, but then dropped and leveled off at 82 to 83mw. The kicker was when I put my precision IR filter inline and the output dropped to 39mW.
This IR filter has 532nm transmittance of 96.5%, so that means there was really only 40.4mW of 532nm green light. That's less than the amount of IR, so maybe they should call it an IR laser with a little green mixed in so that you can see where you're shooting the IR.

Pretty lame, but I'm sure since very few of the people ordering them have the ability to test output let alone separate / filter out the IR, they are very happy with their purchase and those that are not happy can send them back at their own cost and get a refund.

Of course this was just a sample of one, but I expect most are about the same as 200mW of 532nm or even 150mW of 532nm is more than a small pointer running on 2 AAA batteries and a small diode with little / no cooling can provide.

If you don't want to get burned (not the good kind of burn, but the ripoff kind of burn), don't order any small AAA pen pointer that claims to be more than 125mW of 532nm.

Jack

i wouldnt take apart a dx, i mean it may never be the same afterwards and you might even break it. just reckech all the contact points.

Loset

any other lasers cost so much .. so only dx seems good

so im stuck with this fucktup laser?

D

Deleted member 8382

[ch12290 said:
][quote author=--Hallucynogenyc-- link=1235504438/0#4 date=1235691879]beware because from the 200mW i bet half is IR wich comes more diverged and invisible. Buy glasses especially if your are going to burn. magnifing glass should make your laser able to burn. If it can't you have been certainly scammed
Green lasers don't spew IR unless they are poorly designed. The DX 200 should not emit TOO much IR, because if it did, it would be poorly designed... The design limits the IR output, and high IR output(out of the laser) means bad crystals that are not converting it into green[/quote]

Who said DX is great quality lol. I saw in a comment on the 150mW or 200mW a guy said it tested 80% IR. Look what that user said. 90% IR

Razako

Loset said:
any other lasers cost so much .. so only dx seems good

so im stuck with this fucktup laser?
You could try to send it back for a refund, but it's probably not worth the trouble shipping it back to China. The general rule with lasers is that you get what you pay for. If you pay for cheap shit you'll get cheap shit. Just save up $200 for a nova X100 if you want a quality pointer.