Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dumbest laser prodect ever!!!

wow, i just saw this and I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but thinkgeek.com has a aircraft laser tracker that shines the laser on the craft and follows it! here is the link  

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/tracker.shtml

also, they said the included 12mw green laser has a beam visible in the day? ya right!

travislikescoolstuff said:
also, they said the included 12mw green laser has a beam visible in the day? ya right!
the 5mw i used to posses was visible in the day but only inside. that is funny but they shouldnt sell that to just any idiot. i can see the US getting a laser ban soon b/c of stuff like this.... :(

...wait...april fools....isnt that a bit late? ::) they got me.... ;D

I saw this almost a year ago, funny joke I thought. Of course they wouldn't sell this in reality.

Didn't know it was on their site still tho. :D

LazerGuy said:
I saw this almost a year ago, funny joke I thought. Of course they wouldn't sell this in reality.

Didn't know it was on their site still tho. :D
same

Switch

wow, i just saw this and I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but thinkgeek.com has a aircraft laser tracker that shines the laser on the craft and follows it! here is the link  

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/tracker.shtml

Dude, your post sounds way to serious.Did you actually read the description? ::)

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/lights/896a/ me thinks thats a bit much for a blue laser pointer

just in case you didn't want to click

It all started when a lone Japanese researcher, Shuji Nakamura, began working on developing a bright blue LED. After eight years of research the commercial blue LED was created and two years later he had developed the diode for producing a blue laser. Using gallium nitride crystals (instead of zinc selenide as many others were) he was able to solve a problem that other larger companies had been working on for many years.

Now the blue laser, with a wavelength much shorter than a red laser, is enabling the next generation of high definition DVD players to come to market. It also completes the trilogy of basic colors (red, green, blue) that are now available for handheld laser pointers.

The Blue Laser Pointer is a unique and unusual item and you can be one of the first in the world to possess this special gadget. The 473 nanometer blue laser light is sure to make all other laser pointers green with envy. It will let everyone know that you are a geek to be reckoned with, just like Shuji Nakamura.

Please note that the Blue Laser Pointer is a very new item and although it is expensive, until recently a blue laser could only be purchased for thousands of dollars. This is the newest type of laser available and as a result it's costly just as red and green lasers were when they first appeared for sale.

they also seem to have a super weak version of the novalasers alpha here http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/lights/8a39/

most of thinkgeek's products are overpriced for what they are, but they do have a lot of cool stuff

Switch

Now the blue laser, with a wavelength much shorter than a red laser, is enabling the next generation of high definition DVD players to come to market. It also completes the trilogy of basic colors (red, green, blue) that are now available for handheld laser pointers.

Well, that's not true.That's a DPSS laser, not a GaN diode.And did Nakamura had anything to do with blue DPSS? :-/

Btw dude, I can't believe you actually believed that ;D
Arrives with a voucher you can redeem to get 5% off your first fine of $25,000 or greater!

oops, haha they got me! lol  :-[

Quote:

Features and Specifications:
Powerful 12mw green laser pointer included. Beam visible to the naked eye up to 22 miles even in daylight conditions!
Motorized base orients your laser anywhere in the visible sky according to coordinates you set up using included software.
GPS mounted internally in base, configurable through included software via USB 2.0 cable (included).
Included software allows you to configure your SkyTag's™ GPS unit as well as to set up aircraft to play SkyTag™ with.
Software requirements: Linux (kernel version 2.4 and greater), or Windows XP/2000 or Plan 9.
[highlight]Arrives with a voucher you can redeem to get 5% off your first fine of $25,000 or greater![/highlight]
Dimensions: 6" high, 4" wide
Ships from the Netherlands

How could that get you?! :D