Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dumb Old Laws Thread

Old laws (or recent) that are so dumb you didn't even imagine they even existed:

In New York:

A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting.

The penalty for jumping off a building is death.

A person may not walk around on Sundays with an ice cream cone in his/her pocket.

In Nebraska:

Persons with gonorrhea may not marry.

Doughnut holes may not be sold.

A man is not allowed to run around with a shaved chest.

Post other stupid laws!

California..
In Los Angeles, a man is legally entitled to beat his wife with a leather belt or strap, but the belt can't be wider than 2 inches, unless he has his wife's consent to beat her with a wider strap. Consent should be given prior to the event, as is carefully stipulated

Until quite recently london cab drivers had to carry a bale of hay for the horse...

Regards rog8811

HIMNL9

Here, we still have valid laws that says, as example, that you have to pay toll if you pass a bridge driving a carriage pulled from a mule (yeah, there's so much of them, on our streets, actually :p) ..... but, being sincere, i can't post all the stupid laws we have here in Italy, cause the still valid ones are approximatively 3800 :eek:

Niko.. not fair just posting just US laws.
where are the dumb Argentina laws

In Utah

"No one may have sex in the back of an ambulance if it is responding to an emergency call."

"It is illegal to cause a catastrophe."

beat that
fonziec.jpg

Niko.. not fair just posting just US laws.
where are the dumb Argentina laws

In Utah

"No one may have sex in the back of an ambulance if it is responding to an emergency call."

"It is illegal to cause a catastrophe."

beat that
fonziec.jpg

We ain't have no laws here, and if there were any they would be as dumb as Paris Hilton. :evil:

Here, we still have valid laws that says, as example, that you have to pay toll if you pass a bridge driving a carriage pulled from a mule (yeah, there's so much of them, on our streets, actually :p) ..... but, being sincere, i can't post all the stupid laws we have here in Italy, cause the still valid ones are approximatively 3800 :eek:

ah-ha!!!!! the EU mess is ITALY.:whistle:

I totally thought you were somewhere in central/easthern Europe.

HIMNL9

chipdouglas, they are excused from so much regimes and changes, if they are a bit messy ..... but for get the better in illogic rules, apparent democracy, police mistakes and taxes (not speaking about corruptions and crazy laws system), you have to come here :p :D

i have been almost everywhere but there. It's ironic because my 3 of my grandparents are from there.