Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

DTR M140 very impressive 2.5W

blrock

I bought a M140 with G2 lens from DTR a couple of months back and only tested it this past weekend.
I set the Flexmod to exactly 1.99A and my Laserbee LPM quickly flat lined @ 2.5W ! I guess it would have reached at least 2.6W+.
Tempted to buy another and combined them with my PSB to achieve 5W+
My only personal issue is having a + beam profile which I really hate!

Attachments

• Laser Description.png
    Laser Description.png
    149.9 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:

sinner

Pretty sweeet from M140 i must say, I would reduce the current to 1.8A just to be safe..
Never seen good stability data on M140's at ~2A even at 1.9A .. but since your diode is efficient, Even though seems like it can handle this current well, I wouldnt risk losing such diode for a couple of hundred mW's :beer:

RedDart

Lucky you :) Efficient diode! I'm running mine at 1,35A at a super stable rate but I'm honestly scared to push it beyond.

corey5188

Lucky you :) Efficient diode! I'm running mine at 1,35A at a super stable rate but I'm honestly scared to push it beyond.
1.35A is kinda on the low side for M-140's I believe. You could up it to 1.5-1.7 and probably be just fine, doubt you'd have to sacrifice any stability as well...

OP, nice numbers there! Thats a super efficient diode!

Flaminpyro

You know what they say, pictures or it didn't happen :na:

r4mn33k

Hi, I also bought an m140 from dtr, but due to some issues, its been delayed, so I now have time to buy another driver, for c6 host, the one I bought was from dx.com 1.25a but its been 2 months and I was fairly new, now I think that that driver will not use the m140 to its full capacity, so I am looking to buy another one, but still need advice on the current, I have seen many linear drivers but for the first time I want to use a round one to make it easier for me.

Th3dArKn3o

My M140 doing also 2,5W peak @1,9A ;)
pretty rare although !
They doin pretty well at these currents had mine on for at least 30 Hours without degrading !

hazerkitten

I just placed an order for a M140 in a copper module from DTR.. stoked. Thinking of pairing it with a 1.5A buck driver and S4 host. What are your thoughts on potential output with the Aixiz 3 element glass?

Last edited:

RedDart

I just placed an order for a M140 in a copper module from DTR.. stoked. Thinking of pairing it with a 1.5A buck driver and S4 host. What are your thoughts on potential output with the Aixiz 3 element glass?

It will roam around 1.5W.

hazerkitten

Dang, that is some juice. With great laser power comes great responsibility lol. It has begun.