Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DTR & Jib77, awesome guys!

LaZeRz

Let's start off with DTR, everyone knows about the extremely high quality lasers DTR makes, well, A friend of mine wanted a 445 Hotlight when he saw my two and I stumbled across DTR's sale thread so I told him to buy one off DTR. I told DTR to reserve me a kit but my friend was having PP troubles so DTR held the kit for 2 weeks!

When my friend finally paid for the kit DTR shipped it early the next day and it was at my friends doorstep in just over a week...

My friend soldered the loose wire to the contact point in the Hotlight and then brang it over so we could have some fun with it :D

We were lasin' around for a while and then I decided to look at the inside off the Hotlight... The first thing that caught my eye was the flexdrive coin nodded to a dollar. DTR was selling these with NJG drivers but he ran out and gave me a flex instead :) Thanks DTR!

The second thing that caught my eye was the wiring... Jordan is such a pro when it comes to soldering, everything is so neat!

I put together a little video (well, not that little) to thank DTR and hopefully bring a few more members here to LPF :D

Here's the thread >> http://laserpointerforums.com/f48/dtr-hotlight-burning-beamshots-65130.html

Tell me what you think about it ;)

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<

Moving on to Jib77 now :D

I had an old computer PSU lying around and I thought I would convert it in to a lab unit, My plans were to make a adjustable voltage circuit using a lm338 IC... The problem was that Jaycar, an Aussie hobbyists shop had then for sale at a ridiculously high price of 17 dollars...

I contacted jib to ask if he would help me by including some parts in his next mouser order that he would then ship to me (for a price ofcouse) and he kindly agreed :)

He also recommended I get a LD 1084 instead of a lm338 because they have a lower voltage dropout, 10 uF ceramic caps to go across the input and output leads, a Heatsink for the IC and he found me a nice pot with a little knob on it :D

Rick also gave me heaps of advice and tips:)

Both of these guys are extremely kind, generous and helpful :D

I will post a thread/ tutorial on how to make an adjustable PSU because I think lots of people wouldn't mind having a PSU to test drivers, etc with...

I hope you were able to read everything above without falling asleep :p

LaZeRz

Your welcome :D

I really appreciate the help and I dont think that 5 dollars did any justice... You deserve more for all the help you've gave me :p

Watch out for extra funds when I buy from you again :eg: