Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Driver Won't Change Current?

It seems that I have run into a conundrum of sorts.

I am working on a small LM317 driver, and I set it up the normal way... with the Battery+ connected to the pill, then the pill connected to the right pin, and then an array of 1Ohm resistors in a 2x2, and then that leads directly to the back tab, which is also where the output lead goes.

I have a cap and a diode attached to the same through-hole that the last resistor attaches to (so that they are parallel) and then grounded the cap and diode (connected to the same ground that the test load ground lead goes to).

I checked my resistor array's resistance and it is 1 Ohm, and I checked my test-load's resistance and it was 1 Ohm as well.

YET... I continually get readings of 2.2-2.3V corresponding to 2.2-2.3A instead of the 1.25A I should be getting....

HELP!

Do you have any pics or a schematic of how you wired it. That way it would be easier to find out what the problem is.

I just took the driver out of my red and stuck it in my blue and changed the resistor. Should be alright... I think.

But, while doing that, I broke the pin on my LOC :( Now I have to wait till I get another two LOCs to make another laser.

so how about a picture it would be easer to help you if we could look at what you have.

Do You still have 2 pins available on your LOC? If so depending on which one broke you might still be able to use it.