Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

driver for 10 laser pointers

IvanMK

Hello to all

i read big about laser, driver etc on the forum, now i know how easy can die laser.

i have 10 of this laser
slasptr.jpg

<1 or <3 mW
630-680nm

inside the pointer is a smd resistor code: 510, i find online calculator and its say 51Ω.

my question is how can i connect to power all this 10 laser from DC adapter or from PC power supplies and dont demage the laser diode?
can someone tell me what driver i need how to connect etc ?

sorry for my bad english :eek:

No problems with your bad English... Welcome to the forum.

Problem with those cheap pointers like you have, there is no driver circuit in it at all.

Those button batteries do not have enough available current. (Milli Amps) so to save on costs, the manufacturer does not include a driver circuit.

Connecting those pointers to a power supply, or bigger batteries will most likely kill or damage your little lasers.

Sorry to bring unhappy news.

IvanMK

10x for your fast replay :beer:
im not unhappy about that, im unhappy because in my country i cant find better laser... i will need to save money(in future) and order from internet if there is no way to make somehow to work this cheap lasers on power supply

Ivan --

You might be able to run them in series and get 10 points of light but there is no reasonable way to combine them. You need a real 16x or better diode and housing to get up to the fun.

HMike

at 10mW of output they die within tens of seconds (at least mine). I'd recommend a max output of 3mW. A simple 5v input is too much for them, 2 on a 9v battery would work.