Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DragonLasers OD4 glasses Challenges

Hey guys,

I bought some OD4 glasses from DragonLasers, 190-533nm for my PHR builds, and 600-740nm for my LPC815 and other red burner builds. I have not tested the PHR yet, but the red protection seems to work too well. With 2 different reds, I can't see squat. I aimed it at several things, and nothing is visible, not even a faint dot. With the laser moving across the lens (no I didn't hold it still, I know that can damage the glasses) the diode looks like it's off.

So while the protection is fantastic, as I quite value my eye sight, this poses a challenge while working on my builds. I'm thinking I may have to use a webcam on my netbook to see what's happening.

Anyone have any advice or similar experience?

The OD is specified to be larger than 4, looking at the graph at dragon lasers he can't measure above OD ~4.5, so it may very well be much higher than that. For IR I have an IR detector card, but I'm not aware of such a thing for red lasers.

Hi Zenador,

What are the powers of your lasers?

I had asked in my topic exactly this question ( whith OD4+ i will be able to see the dot from a 300mW Red (O-Like) )

Do u know any other goggles whith OD 2,5 ( recomended from OD Calculator 300mW to 1mW ) ?

The dot of a 300mw red will be visible with OD 5, but with higher OD's it gets dark.

I don't have numbers (mw) on the lasers... Both are LM317 driven, one is a 2x or 4x DVD burner LD @ 50ma in a reclaimed collimator from a laser level. The other is a 16x Sony DVD burner LD @ 100ma in an aixiz from HTD. I have not pushed the 16x any further, I can't find a reliable consensus on best mA to run it at, and I don't want to LED it.

A LPM is next on my wish list...

I don't have any experience with other glasses, so I can't compare....