Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DragonLasers: Are they a scam? Legit?

Hi there. I am posting to you fellow forum
members as I have had quite a bad experience buying lasers from some companies. I bought a 30mW laser pointer from DealExtreme and was saddened to find out that it was not at all 30mW and in fact was dimmer than my cousins' >1mW laser pointer. It was then stolen so I had no means of returning it. So, I thought:

"I've had enough of shoddy knock off lasers. I just want to buy a reasonably priced, decent laser that will not have that annoying dimming problem or is just plain and simply copied."

*I am interested in buying a quality laser that will not be underspec and will have a guarantee that the manufacture will carry out to it's extent. No questions asked. And that they will not stop responding to me after they have recieved my money. *One site I found that had gained quite a reputation for their quality and customer support was DragonLasers. After researching thouroughly, I found no videos or posts/comments stating that DragonLasers had scammed anyone in the 4 years it has been running. In fact, the customer support rep Frank said: Our companies long term profit means too much to us for us to scam anyone. However, I am wary of spending £100+ on a laser pen but I know alot of people on the web who have. I am looking to purchase DL's Viper 95mW*laser*pen. Can you please reply to me with genuine experiences with Dragon Lasers and even reviews on the 95mW Viper unit. Also, have any of you had any experiences with their customer support/retuning and replacing items. I know nearly all of the reviews in their site are great but they aren't going to put up the bad ones now are they!?

It is great that they say they have a 3 Month warranty but people I have spoken to about this say they are "just saying it to get your money and it is more than likely you will recieve a faulty unit and have all the hassle of returning it. And after it is returned, they will just say they didn't recieve the unit back and stop answering your questions." Also, I was told that "I have no proof that this company is legit and could just be set up in a bedroom scamming people and therefore should not spend this much money on something that will probably be fake or faulty". I also know that people
Don't seem too happy to accept just my saying that they are a legit, and so say thousands if others. And I completely understand how these people feel. £100+ is quite a bit to spend on something like this so I ask you forum members, veteran members and even admins to give me some
Advice on buying from this company, so I have proof that it is not all just a scam.

I've also heared that Frank from DragonLasers uses these forums, so maybe even he can talk some sense into me and these people I know to guide us in the right direction when buying reasonably priced laser pointers.

Please only respond to this post if you have something to say that can be taken in board. Replies like "DragonLasers Sucks" are not mature an therefore will not be listened to.

Thanks to all in advance,
John Clayton*

Dragonlasers is an extremely reputable retailer. Many members have bought products from them.

They are an authorised CNI reseller, and CNI is a world-class manufacturer that makes the best(no joke) portables on the market, and you will hear nothing but praise for them and their handhelds.

Their prices on the Hulk series (PGL-III-C) are competitive with Glenn (scopeguy20)'s CNI group buy prices.

If you want a cheaper green laser than what they're offering, check out the CNI group buy here:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/now-447nm-cni-lasers-gb-11-a-53409.html

Same lasers, except with equal or lower prices. And much more choice when it comes to wavelengths and power levels too (get in on a cheap blue laser!)

If you aren't too keen on that, then buy from Dragonlasers. Either way you're getting the best in terms of quality on the market, and CNI portables are almost always overspec. You will not be disappointed.

If you want an inexpensive Laser you can also look at O-Like
and Rayfoss... Many members have purchased from them and
are satisfied... as am I..

BTW....
welcome.gif
Don't forget to read the Newcomers section... the FAQs...
the Stickies and the Forum Rules..

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

Last edited:
I bought a 635nm PEN STYLE laser from Dragonlasers over a year & a half ago & it still works as good today as the day I bought it. I'll vouch for their quality & customer satisfaction.

i purchased a 95mw viper from them ,it arrived very fast and i was happy with.

Dragon's lasers are manufactured by CNI (top of the range manufacturer). The exact link between Dragon and CNI is not clear but it has always been my understanding that Dragon is the hobbyist/retail arm of CNI. I have a 125mw viper. A top class laser outputting about 175mw.

ixfd64

A few years ago, Dragon Lasers had a reputation for sending out underpowered lasers. However, I don't think this is any longer the case.

Last edited:
+++ reputation for Dragon Lasers +++

Two years ago I've bought a Viper with 95mW - and still I'm very happy with the laser! I think it's one of the best green laser pointer you get for your money. Also try to get the beam expander from Dragon Lasers :D you will have an amazing beam with even less than 0.2mrad divergence...

Before I've bought some cheap green ones from DealExtreme - it's always some kind of gambling - the first 30mW is still fine until today - the other two ones (50mW and 100mW) are not worth the money...

mo

Last edited:
I don't know from experience but I have heard the Optotronics are overpowered and I know they are about 100$ cheaper, Check it out :)

Three years ago, I bought a Viper 95 from DragonLasers. Back then it was over $300.
I have carried it in my sweatty pocket every day, the paint is starting to peel off, I've dropped it once onto the street--- AND it still works. Never failed me once.
I do blow the lint out occasionally!

HMike

I am happy with O-like and Optotronics. Good quality and fast shipping.

Dragon Lasers are nice to popp Balloons.

Wicked Lasers are exellent to popp anticipations.