Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DragonLasers 75mW Viper

To start this review I would like to say DragonLasers have a very good service department and very quick delivery.

Firstly I will review the lasers actual box. The 75mW Viper, as well as all the Vipers, come in a very well crafted wooden box with a carbon fiber style coating over the outsides and insides. When you first see the box you will wonder how on earth to open it due to the style the box has been crafted it only shows one obvious line of opening on the front of the box. All I can say about the box itself is the hinge is actually the carbon fiber style wrapping around the outside of the box which could be very flimsy and that the wrapping could easily be peeled off from the corners. Moving to the inside of the box now, the inside has been fitted with a very handy sponge material to protect your laser. Not only has a large slot been cut into the material for the pen itself but DragonLasers have cut two extra AAA battery sized slots into the material for spare batteries which is very handy.

image-0073.jpg

Moving onto the laser itself now. The lasers casing is a stylish, parker pen styled, design that fits perfectly into your hand, DragonLasers have even considered where most people thumb would be for switching the device on and have placed the button in a perfect position. When you first turn the laser on the beam is amazing, clearly visible in day light and even more visible in the dark. Due to the output power of the device the laser is capable of burning certain materials including black plastic, the box sponge material and more. Balloons can also be burst at a quite long distance away, unfortunately lighting matches is just out of reach for this laser although if you can focus the beam more then it is possible.

image-0075.jpg

Review Copyright © The Laser Site
Lamborgini8

If you can't open a laser box, you shouldn't own a laser :cool:

Any idea of the output?

Cyparagon said:
If you can't open a laser box, you shouldn't own a laser :cool:

Any idea of the output?

Haha my point being there is only 1 visible point of entry into the box. On a lid with hinges you would expect there to be a gap along the front and down the sides to the back of the box right? Nope, not with this one.

As for the output all I know is what their site tells me. 75mW - 532nm

lamborgini8 said:
DragonLasers have even considered where most people thumb would be for switching the device on and have placed the button in a perfect position.
you know, dragonlasers didn't design the viper, it's just a CNI pen, same as a nova x-series. so you should be thanking "Changchun New Industries Optoelectronics Technology Co.,Ltd" (or CNI) for the design rather than dragonlasers hehe.. other than that, good review :)

marianne said:
[quote author=lamborgini8 link=1193482292/0#0 date=1193482291]DragonLasers have even considered where most people thumb would be for switching the device on and have placed the button in a perfect position.
you know, dragonlasers didn't design the viper, it's just a CNI pen, same as a nova x-series. so you should be thanking "Changchun New Industries Optoelectronics Technology Co.,Ltd" (or CNI) for the design rather than dragonlasers hehe.. other than that, good review :)[/quote]

Its my first review so go light haha :D