Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dragonlaser VIper 75Mw Vs NOVA X75

HI guys, I was looking at the Dragonlaser Viper series 75Mw and the NOVA laser x75 greenie, and I want to know which one would be a better bang for my buck. First off, I want to make sure that if I buy the Dragonlaser, that it does have an Ir filter. I also want to know which laser comes with a better battery, and which laser could hold the maximum output power for a longer period of time. If you guys can help me choose the better laser and why it is better, that would be fantastic! Thank you!

Razako

The viper-series and x-series are the same type of laser. They are both the same model made by CNI and dragon/nova call them different names.

It all comes down to which company you prefer.

Razako said:
The viper-series and x-series are the same type of laser.  They are both the same model made by CNI and dragon/nova call them different names.

It all comes down to which company you prefer.

wouldnt nova still give u a better laser? maybe the same body (DK) but it'll be overpowered :)

Chad

CNI makes lasers for both companies. However, Nova has much more stringent standards than DL, and you're much more likely to get a better laser from them.
And yes, these do have IR filters... Neither come with batteries. Those are up to you... I recommend Sanyo Eneloop AAAs.

D

Dr.LaSeR

Buy NOVA X75 < NOVA will send to you X75 With 100mw+ peak power , I Have it

ENELOOPS FTW[/spam]

Damnit, 100th post, miles well make it count. Yeah, we have all heard X-Series owners loving their overspec lasers, but I have seen few Viper owners patting themselves on the back for buying one :-/ So go Nova, everyone else is doing it so should you ;D

Hey! i got a viper, had it for about a year now, still runs great! i just bought another as well. **pats self on back**

Lol! I am actaually a costomer of both companies. Dragon Lasers has always had exellent costomer support and Nova has alot of accesories to buy. i like them both. if i were to choose between what company to but the viper / X series from, i would choose by price, they are the same thing. my viper is very well made, i dont see how Nova could have a "higher" standard.

diachi

id reckon nova, because from what ive read on the forum they seem more stable than DL and are over powered by 1-10mw

IgorT

tone1132 said:
i would choose by price, they are the same thing. my viper is very well made, i dont see how Nova could have a "higher" standard.

They are both the same thing, but the 100, 125, 150 and 175mW models are also the same thing. The only difference is in the efficiency of the crystals.

The reason most people here prefer Nova is because they sort the lasers according to their measurements, and by their standards a laser only classifies as a certain power, if it is above that power on average, not just peak. The manufacturer sorts the lasers as well, but Nova sometimes puts one into a lower category, resulting in a customer now and then, who's laser is peaking up into the next power range.

Other companies might not have such strict standards, but i don't know about DL. Do they include peak and average power readings with the laser?

well they dont give you paperwork saying the measurment of your laser, i dont know if nova does. but they advertise a average output.
i dont have a nova, but i am interested in getting one.

well i like my laser, it works fine for me. I wish i hadnt read that thread.. :( ......................You Win..............

oh%20snap.jpg