Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dragon Lasers New Website

I actually accidently clicked it on my bookmarks, DragonLasers have a new website design. In my opinion its now a lot easier to find what you are looking for. They also seam to have a new points system, reviews, videos, images etc. will reward you with points that can be traded for discounts.

Only disadvantage is I think all customers now have to register again, I cant seam to login with my old details.

http://www.dragonlasers.com/

Razako

I think it looks a lot more professional than their old site. The old site was disorganized and annoying to look at.

Razako said:
I think it looks a lot more professional than their old site. The old site was disorganized and annoying to look at.

Yeah, that as well.

Have you tried logging in if you had an account with them? It wont accept my old details anymore.

you know which site needs a makeover really badly
OPTOTRONICS

lol a lil off topic but i hate the look of opto's site

ixfd64

me_too_lazy said:
you know which site needs a makeover really badly
OPTOTRONICS

lol a lil off topic but i hate the look of opto's site

You took the words right out of my mouth! And you know what's really funny? Wicked and Dragon have the best looking websites right now, yet they are often reported to be "shady" companies. At the same time, Optotronics is often considered to be the best laser company despite its cheap looking website.

I guess we shouldn't judge books by their covers.

sigh its such a simple fix too
and if you can't do it, you can easily hire someone to do it
cmon optotronics, step up

More scammed money = more money to pay website makers with. If you buy from DL, you're paying for that website.

Razako

I don't mind the opto website. For me simplicity and ease of navigation is a plus when it comes to websites. I find the wicked website annoying because it has too many gimmicks and videos that you need to sort through while looking for actual info on the product you are buying.

pseudonomen137 said:
More scammed money = more money to pay website makers with. If you buy from DL, you're paying for that website.

Wow hold on, I have never had trouble with DL and their service is quite helpful. I bought both my Viper 75mw and 50mw module through them and never had any trouble, lasers are fine and they seam to have more power than stated and the prices for them both were the cheapest I could find.

I got my viper from them for around £95, its a 75mw and all other sites charge £95 for a laser with half that power. you would think the cheaper price means cheaper made lasers... wrong!

lamborgini8 said:
Wow hold on, I have never had trouble with DL and their service is quite helpful. I bought both my Viper 75mw and 50mw module through them and never had any trouble, lasers are fine and they seam to have more power than stated and the prices for them both were the cheapest I could find.

I got my viper from them for around £95, its a 75mw and all other sites charge £95 for a laser with half that power. you would think the cheaper price means cheaper made lasers... wrong!

Sorry man - I wasn't saying that they had scammed you in particular, just that they don't mind scamming in general. I've made a few posts about this in the past. Once put them to the test by anonymously ordering two 125mW DLs - neither of which topped 105mW avg. IIRC.

Its a real crapshoot though. I definitely can't guarantee you'll be scammed if you order from DL, I can only say that past evidence gives me good reason to think the chance you will be scammed is far too high to take that gamble.

lamborgini8 said:
they seam to have more power than stated!
Hate to be more of a jerk than I've already been, but can I also ask for some numbers/power meter specs on that claim?

I agree it's a great improvement over their previous site. It really does make you take them more seriously. Even the "Orange" lasers are back in the new lineup.

That being said, the absolute best service I've ever received from a laser company was from Jack at Optotronics. I'm sure he'll respond to this himself, but I believe he's in the process of having his website updated to a more polished look as we post this. Image is important in this medium, but I'm sure that WL and the others with flashy sites covet the word-of-mouth praise that Jack garners just by being an honest and reliable businessman.

Cheers, CC

pseudonomen137 said:
[quote author=lamborgini8 link=1202510319/0#9 date=1202753265]

Sorry man - I wasn't saying that they had scammed you in particular, just that they don't mind scamming in general. I've made a few posts about this in the past. Once put them to the test by anonymously ordering two 125mW DLs - neither of which topped 105mW avg. IIRC.

Its a real crapshoot though. I definitely can't guarantee you'll be scammed if you order from DL, I can only say that past evidence gives me good reason to think the chance you will be scammed is far too high to take that gamble.

lamborgini8 said:
they seam to have more power than stated!
Hate to be more of a jerk than I've already been, but can I also ask for some numbers/power meter specs on that claim?
[/quote]

Fair enough.

I have not measured the power but with brand new batteries my viper 75 can smoke the head of a match but it wont ignite. My module on the other hand is only 50mw, yet the beam looks 3 times as bright as my viper on fresh batteries. I posted a image over in multimedia where it burnt a receipt, you can see marks all over the paper and there is no black markings other than the text to be seen. It burns through white paper and even made the paper catch fire.

I would get them sent off to be tested but i don't really feel safe having them sent around like that.

I agree, Dragon Lasers new website is fine.

you know which site needs a makeover really badly: OPTOTRONICS

Ahahah... For me bad at Optronics is only the prices: to much hight for his products!!!

...At the same time, Optotronics is often considered to be the best laser company despite its heap looking website.

I agree... I like Optotronics "approch" (i'am looking for my new laser pointer class 350mW, the only problem is the Optotronics price: i see around analogue product at 30-60% lower prices, so i'am very undecided

ZANE

Jeesh- they got a few nice ones, too bad I wont buy from them now

Amnizu

I'm actually a gold member on their website, because for every $1 you spend, you get 1 bonus point. Actually, I'll let the website do the talking:

Benefits from being a member of Dragonlasers

Membership Offers:

Silver : 3% discount for all products selling at our online store.
Gold : 6% discount for all products selling at our online store.
Gold : Members have to keep 1000 points in their account and every group of 500 points over 1000 can be converted to coupons. Every 500 points can be converted to US$20.
Other special offers are sometimes avaible to members.

Becoming A Member:

A registered user will become a silver member when they have 199 or more bonus points in their account and a gold member when they have 999 or more bonus points in their account.

Getting Bonus Points:

A customer will get bonus points for every purchase they make. For every dollar spent, a cusotmer will automatically receive one bonus point.
100 bonus points for each product review and testimonial submitted.
Submitting media. 100 bonus points for each photo accepted and 300 bonus points for each video accepted.
All of our exsiting customers can first register an account then contact us to receive bonus points for purchases made in 2006 and 2007.

I've got something like 1500 bonus points for purchasing my Spartan, uploading a video to their youtube, and submitting a testimonial for the GW 300 page.