Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DRAGON LASERS LAB/BENCH LASER REVIEW

T

timelord

As some of you know now I've been given a gift from Dragon Lasers :cool: I was given a Bench/Lab laser. I was told it was 75mw and to my surprise :eek: it's kicking out 130-136mw :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
On start up it will kick out 120-128mw and after it's warmed up it sits constant at 130-136mw.
The power pack part is cooled by a small fan as well as the module too. It's Tem00 and very stable too so the applications are endless with this tool. :cool: It pops balloons up to 10 feet and will light matches at 3-5 foot :p

Attachments

• S1031031_640x480.JPG
    S1031031_640x480.JPG
    282.7 KB · Views: 257

T

timelord

A beam comparison between the Aries on the right and the Lab laser on the left :cool:

Attachments

• S1031042_640x480.JPG
    S1031042_640x480.JPG
    263.1 KB · Views: 503
T

timelord

A little video clip of a match getting it :cool:

Attachments

• S1031045.AVI
    4.6 MB · Views: 55
why'd they give it to you??

it looks great by the way, almost holding it's own against the aries almost

T

timelord

lazerlover said:
why'd they give it to you??

it looks great by the way, almost holding it's own against the aries almost
I don't know why they gave it to me exactly, all they said it was given to me for all the support I've given them in the past when i got banned from the LC for posting about them..
I helped put them on the map in the laser world ;)

S

SenKat

Looks awesome, Lee - I KNOW they gave it a GREAT home ! :)

T

timelord

SenKat said:
Looks awesome, Lee - I KNOW they gave it a GREAT home ! :)
Cheers Greg I'm just wondering what these wires are for any ideas????

Attachments

• S1031031_640x480______.JPG
    S1031031_640x480______.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 226
S

SenKat

Most likely for TTL or Analogue blanking - send them an email asking :)

T

timelord

Cheers mate I'll email them soon and see what they say. When the laser came it only had a shipping receipt with it and no instructions ::)

S

SenKat

I GUESS they figured you would know what to do with it ! LOL

I am SUCH a good friend - if it becomes bothersome trying to figure it out, just ship it to me - I'll help you out like that ! What are friends for ? ;D ;D

Yeah, as SenKat said TTL or analog. If its TTL, +5V to turn it on, +0 for off. Analog is the same but you get the whole range between 0 and 5 for intermediate outputs. Normally you have to pay a large permium to get faster modulation from CNI, but whether TTL or Analog, that should still be able to handle 1khz modulation.

What exactly you want to turn it on and off for a thousand times a second...? Be creative :D

T

timelord

Well the lab laser has been running for 12 hours and it's still kicking out 130-135mw :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm in love don't tell Lazergirl :p

T

timelord

Just a view of a little collection :D

Attachments

• S1031029_640x480.JPG
    S1031029_640x480.JPG
    314.4 KB · Views: 235