Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dragon laser diffactive grating, any good?

Does anyone have any experieince with the diffractive gratings from Dragon Lasers? They sound like they are good qaulity, glass with aluminum grating, so they should hold up to more powerfull lasers. They only have 2- designs, 2D matrix and "fan", but the kit comes with each in a "pass-thru" and a "reflective" of each. Sounds like a good deal for under $40, but I am also skeptical.
http://dragonlasers.com/product.php?productid=16230&cat=276&page=1
DH

i was acutaly about to buy some when i get the money so probably 2 weeks from now..... will let you know when i get them if you dont get them first but i to think they will be great...... and their not 40$ try adding them to your cart and then checking out you will see its a nother 30$ to have them shipped to you :p

bustabeatz said:
Their lasers are way to expensive. Nice stuff tho.

You think Dragon Lasers is expensive? I'd say their prices are bang on :)

VW

Murudai said:
[quote author=bustabeatz link=1217017072/0#2 date=1217663286]Their lasers are way to expensive. Nice stuff tho.

You think Dragon Lasers is expensive? I'd say their prices are bang on :)[/quote]
Concidering both his lasers are from DX, it's not suprising lol... But yeah, they're very reasonable...

Big

haha yeah bustabeatz, what do you expect to be the price for a cool BURNING LASER- i see you have a class one, i used to have one of those, but i smashed it with a hammer because i wanted to extract the laser diode, which didnt work too well. I now ordered a viper 75mW from dragon lasers, and it should be coming any day now, the total cost was just under $180. I'd say thats a great deal for something that you can see the dot for over a mile clearly.

Big said:
haha yeah bustabeatz, what do you expect to be the price for a cool BURNING LASER- i see you have a class one, i used to have one of those, but i smashed it with a hammer because i wanted to extract the laser diode, which didnt work too well.  I now ordered a viper 75mW from dragon lasers, and it should be coming any day now, the total cost was just under $180.  I'd say thats a great deal for something that you can see the dot for over a mile clearly.

Bustabeatz has a 200mW Dilda laser and a 30mW True greenie.  I've heard the Dilda burns very well, so I think he at least knows about higher powers than a cheap red laser pointer.  Also, it's not a Class 1.  All laser pointers are Class 2 or above.  Class 1 is for self-contained laser devices, such as a CD player.  

Don't get me wrong, I am still siding with everybody else that Dragonlasers is not expensive. Wickedlasers is expensive.

-Mark

Kenom

I don't like those difraction gratings cause the beams are too close to one another. I prefer the matrix of the plastic thing he says is no good.

That's a great buy, I may just get some.

Dark_Horse said:
They sound like they are good qaulity, glass with aluminum grating, so they should hold up to more powerfull lasers.

I can pass 4 watts through a standard film grating without any degradation of the material. The power loss and reflection isn't great though.

Big

under bustas name it sais class 1 laser- i was confused by this i guess- how do i change it? once i recieve my IIIb i will need too, can anybody help me? or is it based on reputation?

daguin

Big said:
under bustas name it sais class 1 laser- i was confused by this i guess- how do i change it? once i recieve my IIIb i will need too, can anybody help me?  or is it based on reputation?

It happens automatically after you've been here long enough to learn how to post in the correct board and thread.

Peace,
dave

I bought their set of four gratings. Two are the reflecting type which I don't like so much. Two are the pass-through. One of those produces a line of dots which is quite fun. But the best by far is the grid array. I projected my Dragon Viper 125 mw greenie through it onto a low cloud-base and lit the cloud up with about a hundred bright green dots. The coolest thing! Indoors or outside projected on trees or the ground you get hundreds of dots in a grid array. An amazing sight. Love it. I would say just get that one (about 10 dollars or so).