Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DPL Series Green 532nm Focusing Laser 300mW from OdicForce

Hi this is my first review and it's of my green laser I bought from OdicForce back in May this year.
Well I say it's a review but I feel it will just be me jumping and raving about how much I love this laser haha! I'll try to include as much specifications as possible and if I miss anything out, I hope lots of pictures will make up for it :)

I found out about OdicForce through reading this forum and read lots of good things about the company and that their lasers are top quality and on spec or over spec on the power.
After ordering the laser it came on time and well packaged, no problems a tall, I will definitely order from them again.

This high power laser use a separated crystal laser module for a stable output which is housed in a 36mm aircraft grade, anodised aluminum body. Finely machined smooth threads with safety interlock. Mode-switch allows 100% / 80% /continuous or strobe operation. Supplied with in a presentation box with charger and EFEST battery included.

•Measured Optical Output Power: 300mW (IR filter).
•This laser has a safety interlock pin in a 3.5mm jack socket that can be used to connect a remote interlock if required.
•Electronic mode switch selects 100% or 80% output and continuous or strode operation.
• Wavelength: 532nm +/-5nm.
•Warm-up time: < 1 min.
• Operating Voltage: 3.7 – 4.2V ( 1 x 18650 battery supplied).
•Dimensions: 36mm diameter x 238mm.
•Pump Diode: 1.0W.
•Beam Characteristics:1.4 - 10mRad divergence (adjustable).
•Coated Glass Optics.
• Operating Lifetime: >6000hrs.
•Operating Temperature: 10-35 C.
• Supplied with charger and battery in presentation box.

I havn't been able to find any pictures or videos of this laser so thought I'd take some and share

Here's the presentation box

IMAG0348.jpg

Inside the box (the laser came inside an antistatic bag)

IMAG0350.jpg

This is the power check graph that came with the laser. The laser was listed as 300mW on site but the graph shows it peaking at 350mW

IMAG0397.jpg

Operating instructions on how to safely use the laser

IMAG0398.jpg

Spec's

IMAG0399.jpg

IMAG0401.jpg

Laser with battery cap screwed on

IMAG0351.jpg

Laser armed and ready

IMAG0352.jpg

Close up of the power button, this will only light up when you have the 3.5 safety jack pin in and have also pressed in the button next to the pin on the battery cap end. Once that has been done the power button will light up blue, now you have to hold down the power button until the L.E.D's flash 3 times. Then its on!

IMAG0353.jpg

Here's the biasness end

IMAG0354.jpg

You can change the aperture of the laser here by twisting the focusing ring

IMAG0356.jpg

Now to turn it on and show some beam shots :) The camera on my phone is a bit rubbish so I added a bit of smoke in the room

IMAG0358.jpg

I love the host on this laser and the build quality is brilliant

IMAG0359.jpg

IMAG0361.jpg

I had to turn the power down to 80% to try and get these shots

IMAG0362.jpg

IMAG0364.jpg

IMAG0365.jpg

IMAG0367.jpg

IMAG0369.jpg

This host has real good grip on it! Very nice to hold and nice bit of weight to it... bit to heavy and big for your pocket but, hay look at it :drool: the metal host also feels nice and cool in template in the hand so is great for heat dispersion from the laser

IMAG0371.jpg

Laser shining like a crazy diamond on Pink Floyd poster, not sure if Pink Floyd got my into lasers from watching them as a kid or whether its just because lasers are awesome!

IMAG0372.jpg

IMAG0374.jpg

IMAG0375.jpg

IMAG0376.jpg

IMAG0377.jpg

IMAG0380.jpg

IMAG0381.jpg

IMAG0382.jpg

Laser refracting off an old hard-drive disk (I knew if I bounced it off my Bananarama greatest hits CD it might get destroyed, I just couldn't risk it lol)

IMAG0383.jpg

As soon as I can get hold of a better camera I will try and take some video's of the laser lighting up the night sky

All in all I'm very pleased with this laser and the solid build of the host. OdicForce has a 1W blue laser in the same host on their site that I would like to buy

Hope you liked this post

Yes It's from my HTC Sensation 8mp phone, I had to add some smoke from my smoke machine to get these bright beam shots but I think if I had a nice camera with a big lens on it should capture the light much better so I wouldn't need any smoke.

ped

Some old school Sony speakers going on in them pictures!

Welcome fellow UK'er