Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Down to two 100mw green lasers. Help me decide the better option please!

Which of these 2 100mw lasers is better?

• Laser #2 : LZTN532-100 (smallest green laser pointer)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ok so I have been debating lasers and what I want from my laser. I have it down to 2 different lasers.

Laser #1 :

LZSK - 532nm 100mW Focusable Green Laser Pointer

Likes: focus-able, duty cycle 180 seconds on 60 off, like the colors of grey and blue on the host.

Dislikes/concerns: it's not slim like my next option and is a little bigger to carry around in a pocket or something.

Laser #2:

LZTN - 532nm 100mW Smallest Green Laser Pointer

Likes: super sleek and small host, guaranteed 100mw (if I pay the extra 5$)

Dislikes/concerns: duty cycle is only 45 seconds on and 30 off and some people say its not focusable but I havent ever had a focusable laser so I can't really comment on if its a dislike or like...

I use my lasers to shine at objects far away. Popping balloons or lighting matches is cool but I probably won't be doing it much. The duty cycle I hear is only important for burning and I won't be doing much of that. But still it is nice to have a longer cycle. Do either of these come with an IR filter??

Thanks!

Last edited:

ARG

They probably don't have an IR filter, but what difference does it make? 100mW of green light is already dangerous as is, 20mW of IR wont make it that much more dangerous.

Last edited:
They probably don't have an IR filter, but what difference does it make? 100mW of green light is already dangerous as is, 20mW of IR wont make it that much more dangerous.

ok thank you. good info to know. So which laser would you vote for and why?

I have the "smallest green pointer" 50mw model and I actually really like it. Smaller than I expected but feels very solid, heavy, and well put together. Definitely up to spec. (Likely overspec as it's the 50mw model and does a bit of burning) I don't believe it's IR filtered as ARG said, but I'll go take it apart quick and come back with my results

EDIT: Nope, no IR filtering but it's pretty inexpensive to slap a filter in there yourself

Last edited:
I have the "smallest green pointer" 50mw model and I actually really like it. Smaller than I expected but feels very solid, heavy, and well put together. Definitely up to spec. (Likely overspec as it's the 50mw model and does a bit of burning) I don't believe it's IR filtered as ARG said, but I'll go take it apart quick and come back with my results

EDIT: Nope, no IR filtering but it's pretty inexpensive to slap a filter in there yourself

is the duty cycle much of a problem? 45 seconds on max seems so short compared to the 180 seconds on the other one...

Neither of these are IR filtered.

Adding an IR filter to the first choice, the LZSK532-100 shouldn't be that hard. It's also my choice.

I consider the Tiny lasers to be giveaway/throwaway lasers. They are nice, but divergence on them is horrible.

I just got the SK100 and i do like it. its focus-able. mine doesn't say its waterproof but there is a nice seal of o-rings on the front and back caps. where waterproof is compromised, is the aperture, so dont try it. i just got the lens dirty and totally made it worse by trying to clean it :banghead: im sooooo mad. but its a great host and company. mine shipped and i received in 4 days (ems). i was like ()_()

Cel

I prefer the LZSK laser. If you want a little (pocket) green laser, you could find an overspec one on eBay.