Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dose the Spyder II use C-mount 808nm Diodes?

Dose the Spyder II GX/BX use C-mount 808nm Diodes?

My brother in the army bought one. I made the purchase on my account though. :) 255 wicked bucks.
I just got the laser today. It is cool looking! Very big too. And damn is it powerful! I can take some pictures if anyone wants...

artix

Midknight said:
Dose the Spyder II GX/BX use C-mount 808nm Diodes?

My brother in the army bought one. I made the purchase on my account though.  :) 255 wicked bucks.
I just got the laser today. It is cool looking! Very big too. And damn is it powerful! I can take some pictures if anyone wants...

Pictures! You should have told your brother to get an RPL 425 ...

I haven't taken one apart myself, but I cant imagine them using anything other than a c-mount.

Artix said:
[quote author=Midknight link=1219451076/0#0 date=1219451076]Dose the Spyder II GX/BX use C-mount 808nm Diodes?

My brother in the army bought one. I made the purchase on my account though. :) 255 wicked bucks.

Pictures! You should have told your brother to get an RPL 425 ...[/quote]

He said his brother was in the army. The Spyder II is very durable and is waterproof, it'd survive in that kind of area. RPLs are not as tough, they wouldn't last long in a war environment.

Plus, like on the WL site you can mount the Spyder II on a gun :) An RPL is WAY to big and heavy to mount effectively on a gun :)

Midknight, can you do a full review on it? It's so rare that anyone gets such an expensive laser, especially from Wicked, so it is always interesting to read the reviews :)

Jimmymcjimthejim said:
Power readings! I'm curious to see which end of 200mW-300mW it's on.

I am as well, especially after seeing my friend's horribly unstable Spyder II BX that could barely average 10mW

I will do some picture then. The best ones are at night though. So I will post some additional photos then.