Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Dorsy 500mW 445nm & Bottle Rockets !! Video

RDTech

At a good distance with safety glasses, 2 bottle rockets, 1 Dorsy 500mW, 445nm laser..Lights fuse rather quickly...See no reason to go to 1W...lol

YouTube - 500mW, 445nm Laser Lighting 2 Bottle Rockets

Last edited:

Nicely done!

How far away from the fuses were you?

I tell most people that they will never need 1W of blue.
If it is too bright, it doesn't get used :(

Peace,
dave
Its never too powerful. :na: We will get soon used to 1W blue and will be lookin for more power.

rpaloalto

Nice, I wish I had some fun objects to light or detonate:)
Please tell us how far you were from the fuse, and what lens you have.

I find it difficult to focus these 445 diodes to a good burning pinprick. With either the aixiz 405, or my jayrob g-1 at distances of 8ft or more. Multimode sucks.
With my 405 and a G-1 lens I can focus to a pinprick at 15ft or more even.

So yes, more power will give you greater burning power at longer distances. compensate for having a bigger dot. At least until we get some better corrective optics.

RDTech

I was about 5-6 feet away, focused. Jayrob 405 lens. I do not think it would matter because once the laser actually HIT the fuse, it lit. I'm too old to have steady hands. I will have many more video tomorrow, I will not flood forum, just youtube with any good cuts.

Thanks for the comments, Happy 4th of July, especially all us vets!!

ICU

I was about 5-6 feet away, focused. Jayrob 405 lens. I do not think it would matter because once the laser actually HIT the fuse, it lit. I'm too old to have steady hands. I will have many more video tomorrow, I will not flood forum, just youtube with any good cuts.

Thanks for the comments, Happy 4th of July, especially all us vets!!
Happy 4th of July to you too!!!

I look forward to more videos. Just took a hot second to light those.... that was sweet!!!

Ramsey_innovations

@ Astrotoo, nice vid. What Dorcy host are you using (Pic would be nice) just curious I have several myself and like them quite a lot. By the way you may actually burn the paint and plastic bumper cover on that car be careful! Thanks for sharing, happy lasing!

RDTech

I was about 4' from car. Looks fine. I didn't however check the bumper. If it did get momentarily hit, it will only be a small hole... I'll see if I can light mortar shell tomorrow, maybe use a telescoping colimator. This is like putting a small or large spotting scope after the focused laser. It lengthens the focal length and les you get a much smaller spot far field

RDTech

Photos are in my photo gallery, here is one anyway.. New dorsy from Dave..