Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dorcy 41-4262 Group Buy

Ok boys n' girls. I am new here I have no rep and few posts, but I wanted some from the aborted GB of these that went south. Before Dave or anyone else gets all excited, read on. Like the cheap SOB I am I decided to simply buy direct from Dorcy, an advantage of having your own company, you can open accounts. I will sell these at the same price as the other $14 US, plus $4 shipping in the US. Multiple orders will be an extra $2 shipping for each one after the first. Depending on costs I may want to ship them out of the original package if it saves on shipping. If your out of the country we can talk. I will take Pay-Pal so your money is guaranteed. Also I will order and pay for them myself up front IF I get enough orders, I need to sell 20 of these to make a minimum buy. So I have to count on your honesty more than you need to count on mine, if you don't buy I am stuck for it till I can sell it elsewhere. I have dealt with Scopeguy20 and it was a smooth deal, he was paid very promptly. I do not expect him to vouch for me but I have done business with him.
The Ball is in your respective courts.
Larry

Last edited:

well folks looks like no one is interested. Hope I did not offend anyone by making the offer. Happy Holidays everyone.
Go forth and Lase.....

The previous GB was not aborted. It's closed because of certain other issues.

I will be purchasing 100 units at my own expense in the near future. Just a heads up.

~Tom

Tom, poor choice of words on my part.
My Appologies if I offended. I just figured it was dead and I wanted to get some units for myself, this seemed a good way to do that and get a decent price for others at the same time.
All the best.
Larry

Larry, you didn't offend at all! :)

Please, if you feel like you can bring on a crowd to purchase these, be my guest. :)

Good luck with your sales, sincerely.

~Tom

Problem is, the dorcy flashlight are already $20 at target, where people can pick them up locally without having to wait for the group buy to go through, dorcy to send them to you, and then you ship them to the end customer.

I think the only way your going to find interested is 1) get to know everybody. 2) find a way to offer them for $15 shipped.

I'm not sure how low dorcy will go on bulk orders, but the majority of people would rather pay the $2 and get their flashlight now, as opposed to saving $2 and having to wait weeks.

I've never bothered just because dorcy builds are expensive. Once you've got the flashlight you've still got to get the heatsink, which unless you get a big batch machined yourself is going to cost $23 ea.
Then you've got to get a flex drive ($26 shipped)
So your up to around $70 and thats without the module, diode, and possibly a good lens.

wow, i had forgotten how much it costs the average builder to make a laser.

True indeed Moh, true indeed.

It is costly. - I've been in contact with Dorcy. I might be able to get Dorcy's for $15 or less.

No one is keen though. ;]