Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Don't know what Battery I Need

I bought this 5mW Green handheld laser and batteries were not provided. It also has a wave length of 532nm. Also on the label it says Class 111A laser Product. Can some one let me know the type of battery I need?

Finish up your profile (location)!.

Link me up with where you got it or pictures. It likely takes a 18659 lithium ion battery

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
As autonomousperson stated, we need more information, links, photo's, even some measurements would help.
The rechargable lithium-ion batteries that most lasers use, are identified by their size in millimeters, I.E. a 18650 size battery would be approximately18mm in diameter x 65mm long depending on brand, and whether it's protected or not.
If your laser happens to be one of the small "pen" style units, it may use standard 1.5V AAA size batteries.

Also, and maybe most importantly, be aware of the battery polarity that your laser requires, most 532nm lasers have the positive (+) end of the battery pointing towards the tailcap!

Last edited:

APEX1

It's most likely an 18650 or 16340 but you should definitely fill in your profile more and use the search bar, also read all the sticky's. You will learn very quickly that most members do not like it when newcomers start asking questions in the wrong thread sections. Also I'm willing to bet that the batteries required for your laser are listed in the item listing where you bought it

Last edited:
why post Ethanzoet33 if u dont provide any info u want help or not Ethanzoet33 ????