Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does someone know Scotchtech?

I bought a Coherent 430 laser from Scotchtech on ebay two months ago. If I am correct Scotchtech is Laserben´s ebay alias, right? I haven´t received the laser yet, and I haven´t heard from Ben since April, though I have sent him several messages through ebay and paypal, asking him when he sent the laser. The tracking number only says "Electronic Shipping Info Received". Does someone know him? I´d like to get in contact with him before I try to reclaim the money.

I think people had issues with LaserBen. Sorry to say this. No idea what happened to that guy. He hasn't been active for months ( year ? ) now .

If it is LaserBen he was banned for scamming a few people on here.

If you have been in contact with Paypal since April, you should have put in a dispute long ago. You only have 45 days. It doesnt make sense that Paypal didnt refund your money by now, if you've indeed been in contact with them since April

Laserben scamed me for $175.00 on a Hene the little bastard, and then people wonder why I realy don't care for 16 year old kids on here.

Pretty sure that was the kid selling 30 grand lasers right?

He was a scammer.

I say take out a dispute anyway... It'll wake the ebay seller up and get his attention. If you have been in contact with Paypal the whole time, ring them and speak to someone directly... that way you have a human factor and may be able to take out a delayed dispute form.

-Adrian

Tech_Junkie:

I have not been in contact with Paypal since April. I bought the laser in April, and haven´t heard from Ben since then. I still have a few days to raise a claim at Paypal, and it looks like I will have to do that.