Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does anyone still care about are friend Eitan?

GSS

I was one of the lucky chosen ones who actually received a laser from SciFi in 33 days. So I thought.
His 1W 445 501b which he claimed at 1.2W with a 3 element.
Oh it came working but instantly caused some confusion because it came with the wrong lens that he claimed on his sight.
This lasers beam always diverged very rapidly and with what ever lens I tried it never put a decent spot. It was pretty much useless as a burner after even 6 in.
I chalked it up as thats the best some M140's are going to do as thats what his sight says he puts in it. So I lost alot of interest in it quickly and put very little run time in it and never over ran it. Still though I had another M140 that worked nice from another builder and still gave Eitan the benefit of doubt.
Decided to play with it again and put a 3 element in it and it took forever to light even a match.
I sent it to Lifetime and he quickly saw the diode window was bad, which I thought it looked good.
Lifetime see's no marking on this diode what so ever not even an A140?
Cheap plated module.
Cheap China driver and bad soldering to boot.
Lifetime de canned it for me and its a whole new laser now. He offered me a new A140 but i'm happy with the de canning for now anyway cause who knows what diode is in it now and how used.
Dammit Eitan I stuck up for you till I could no more. Anything to sneak by cheap.
:can: You still just keep coming up with surprises!

Oh this was all done from the kindest of Lifetime plus he put everything in one of those new 501D hosts that take 2 18650's

Last edited:

Well, he was a pretty good guy at the beginning and somewhat took care of his customers. After that whole scandal, I would say no. Taking people's money and not giving anything in return and then using the excuse "I need to live too" or whatever is downright scummy.

I personally feel the forum has been doing better since his departure!

-Alex

GSS

It doesnt matter in the end he turned out to be a big liar and scammer so good hes gone.
I know just letting of some steam but I got this laser over a year ago when he was still I guess respected:undecided:

Hi Folks ,
i could never understand the mentality of this man , know he would get bit in the but in the end for cheesy builds .. and some of the forum members here kept giving him business although of his Bad Reps . anyway i am also happy to see him gone so he can not rip off anymore honest people here on LPF.. I also want to thank GSS for the Kudos but the only thing is i have a love for this hobby and if i sell or build a unit for anyone it will have to be above all in performance . i had a thread that said .. You Never Know Whats Inside true That .. well he gone and lets build some cool stuff guys..

Rich:)

DTR

Do you have any pictures of the back of the diode, the driver, module and the dye of the laser after it was decanned. I wonder what he was using for them. He used to buy the 1.8W and 2W M's from me regularly in quantity then just stopped maybe a year ago. Be interesting to see what he ended up going with.

Ive also just repaired a laser for someone who bought a 700 mW 520 SciFi laser!

Well when I took the module apart, I was impressed to see that he had used loose teflon tape on the pins of the diode instead of heat shrink. Removing the 5.6 mm module I noticed he hadnt used thermal compound between the module and the heat sink... BUT the best part (and some of you will have already noticed this ;)) he used I believe* a 520 B1 diode. Yes a 5.6 mm 520 and not a 9 mm higher powered and any where near 700 mW diode.

* As I had no idea what the diode was I tested it against DTRs graphs in terms of voltage, current and output.

Ill post pics in my repair thread later. :beer:

Hi,
I lost the pics of his build for GSS, but what i found was again teflon tape wrapped around the diode pins. The diode was a 5.6mm but with no markings on the back none. The driver was a Chinese set by resistors 16.8mm , no thermal compound on the module to the main sink. And the modules were of the brass with a chrome coat, the diode could have been an A140 or maybe he found some A130's there are some projectors still floating around .

Last edited:
Hi,
Ok i found the pics of Eitan's 1W 445 that GSS purchased from him Maybe Joran or Grainde can chime in as to what diode he was using late in his builds. Here is a pic of the diode decanned , before this there was no way to focus the window was so bad . I tried 4 different lens on it , so the can had to go and the module was of the chrome plated brass you find on some Chinese sellers sites.. No markings on the back of the diode ..
Sorry about the double post no coffee yet >>

Attachments

• IMG_2080.JPG
    IMG_2080.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_2084.JPG
    IMG_2084.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2085.JPG
    IMG_2085.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2086.JPG
    IMG_2086.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2088.JPG
    IMG_2088.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2093.JPG
    IMG_2093.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2094.JPG
    IMG_2094.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

DTR

The diode could be a PLTB450/PLTB450B which is not really a problem. Does not look like a pull based on the length of the pins. Never seen teflon used like that. I can see why so many needed fixing using that $2 DX LED driver.

Hi, Jordan,
Yes very shoddy workmanship If it is a PLTB450B thats not a problem but do you think he would use such a great diode in his builds considering the cheesy driver and the teflon wrap. If you look at the pins thats the way they were soldered onto the driver wires all crooked and bent up.

Last edited:

GSS

If it is a PLTB450 still though the window was garbage from the day he sent it as it put out the same beam a spot when I sent to Lifetime as when I got it.
Where are these diodes pulled from usually?

94Z28

I tore into LEDBEAM broken 501B yesterday and found multiple issues.. It had went to a power output less than an LED so went to replace it with an M140.. the diode was insulated with duck tape I kid you not and the solder work was horrid...

Not sure what Diode this is but looks like a Mitsubishi symbol almost... my eyes may be messing with me.
6zriht.jpg

Shoddy shat! Smh.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
hi,
That looks like a Nichia symbol like found on the A and M series 445's . check out DTR's site for the 2W- M140 vs it shows the stamping on the back of the diode. dust tape at least you got that as an insulator, The Gss build had nothing at all as to adding no stamp on the Gss build. but as Jordan said it may be a PLTD450 or 450B , wonder how many other corners he cut with other customers.

Last edited:
^^ The pic above is a 9 mm diode. ;) As the pins are centered and its got the remnants of the projector thermal paste, its probably a std 9 mm 445 projector pull ie the NDB7875. :beer:

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
^^ The pic above is a 9 mm diode. ;) As the pins are centered and its got the remnants of the projector thermal paste, its probably a std 9 mm 445 projector pull ie the NDB7875. :beer:

Yes that is a 7875 after i posted i realized that it was not duct tape but if he could have shown before and after pics to see the diode with it all intacked . And also what kind of driver he use while he had it dismantled . Actually his pic only shows it's a nichia 9mm 445 7875 diode with some remnant compound.