Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

does anyone own a 20mw green laser?

Rswitz

I'm thinking about getting a wicked laser classic 20mw green laser, but I just wonder how powerful that is. I don't expect it to burn or anything (just hoping lol) but how bight will the beam be? thanks.

LaserRX

I've made pin holes through thin plastic with only 17-18mW, so don't get a false sense of safety with a 20mW laser. While it woon't light matches, it still has enough energy to burn through thin plastics and cause damage to you eyes if shined in them. 20mW is a good output for pointing at stars though and you will still see a beam in even slightly lit conditions, sych as in a room lit by a 60watt lamp..etc.

phoenix77

Get the Wicked Laser BURNING CAP ASSEMBLY. It slips right over the end of the laser & acts like a tiny magnifying glass. You'll be able to pop balloon s & light black matches.....rob

phoenix77

Make sure you use proper eye protection also !!!!!!!!!! You only have two EYES.......rob

Can't go wrong with LEDshoppe. I've bought from them numerous times in the past, and I have never had any problems.

I own one, a DealExtreme one.

And most of the time the output is underspec. And they are way cheaper. Mine is really bright, and sturdy.

You know you can use the edit button at the bottom of the post you want to edit?
And your signature can be considered as spamming...