Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does anyone know this? V3 Micro drive rkcstr

Does anyone here know how to set the current to 380-400mA on Micro-Drive V3?

It's a cheaper solution for my red build I'm making. Got me a red module from modwerx, along with the DealExtreme: $2.95 Compact 9 LEDs Flashlight which I'm getting jayrob to help me with the heatsink.

All i need to know is how to set the current on the driver, and where to connect the freaking module/diode. Still very new to this, but hopefully someone has pictures of the rkcstr in action and being assembled with the red module.

Thanks in advance!

Tom

Search the forum to find the pinout of your diode, then match the negative and positive pins with the correct output of the driver, then get a test load and measure the mV across your resistor with a DMM. Spin the pot on your driver to either increase or decrease current. This info is everywhere on the forum.

1mV=1mA, red wire=pos/black=neg if you really want some pictures I can do that tomorrow when my LPC arrives!

Welcome to the hobby

Last edited:
to set the driver, i'm assuming it's the adjustable driver with a pot, your going to need to get a test load, and a digital multimeter.

basicly you hook the driver up to the test load as if it were the diode, you supply power to it and then you measure the mV across the 1ohm resistor on the test load. each 1mV stands for 1mA, so if your wanting to set it at 420mA (standard for LOC red) you'd adjust the pot untill your multimeter read 420mV

i personally like the fixed adjustment where you soldered on certain resistors to set the current, saved from messing with a pot and i always knew what it was setting to by which resistors i used.

Last edited:
Moh, the module I'm getting from modwerx, can that be set to 420mA safely? Or should I drop it to 400mA. What do you think?

How what do I need to build a test load? Or Moh, did you get my PM about the test load?

Tom

Is this what I need? Just so i can buy one now ;]

MYR2YF7SWETM.jpg

Shweet! Just bought it. Should do the job for a cheapy. If not, ill go spend over $50 this time.. when and if I get paid. ;]

Still don't understand the diagram, I've never made even the smallest circuit board..

If someone can send me one, made, ill pay if need be. I know theyre cheap, but I just can't make one.

Tom

Still don't understand the diagram, I've never made even the smallest circuit board..

If someone can send me one, made, ill pay if need be. I know theyre cheap, but I just can't make one.

Tom

i can make a video for you when my rckstr arrive.reply back if you want.

Yeah, it costs me $4. ;] Free shipping. Awesome deal.

blue lasers - please, if you could, make it for me. Thanks.

Tom

Hey tommii89....

you PMed me for a Test Load this afternoon...
but you have not yet responded to my PM query..

I still need to know what part of the planet you live on...

Jerry

Lol, Australia.

You said you can, but it depends on where I live, you can send test loads anywhere in the world..

Let me know.

Click on the DIY banner below. It has pin outs and everything else about drivers ect.

Lol, Australia.

You said you can, but it depends on where I live, you can send test loads anywhere in the world..

Let me know.

Hey tommii89...

I just sent you another PM... and I still have not received
a PM from you...

Jerry