Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does anyone know "this" diode?

V

V1.15

Here is "all I know":
LIGHTWAVE LX4 LASER DIODE VIOLET BLUE 4-PIN

Made by Princeton Lightwave

Type LX4 4-Pin

We do not know the output Power and Wavelength

Manufacture Date 2005

Anyone have any idea at all what the deal is with these? I looked around and could not find anything on these in the blu ray forums, and I searched "4 pin" "4-Pin" "four pin" "princeton lightwave" "LX4"... etc... to no avil.

ANY help would be appreciated.

Oh, and googleing those same terms yields the same (as in "none") results... Princeton Lightwave homepage is a good sales page - for he military - not much info there for a hobbyist looking to fart around with some of the 3 year old stock :lol:

Thanks in advance,
AT

Oh, and I have a picture I can email... but if I try to include an image, it tells me I have no permission?? ...

Attachments

• c9909_laser-2.jpg
    c9909_laser-2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 87

V

V1.15

Oh, it wouldn't let me link, but would let me attach... got it. No hotlinking here?

iewed

You need a certain amout of post in order to hotlink.
And if anyone has some extra cash to spend, these diodes might be the next "803T's"

V

V1.15

yes, those are the ones I am asking about - are they worth a dang? With no power info, I am leary. :-/

daguin

V1.15 said:
yes, those are the ones I am asking about - are they worth a dang? With no power info, I am leary. :-/

The discussion on alt.lasers is that these are IR transceivers NOT 405nm violet diodes.

Peace,
dave

V

V1.15

...but if you pay through paypal and you get IR receivers, you will be refunded under the buyer protection program under the "Item significantly different than advertised"...

I'd say this would qualify, so the max you'd be out is return shipping, IF you paid with rip-offPal.

Ace82

daguin said:
[quote author=V1.15 link=1211912039/0#3 date=1211918147]yes, those are the ones I am asking about - are they worth a dang? With no power info, I am leary.  :-/

The discussion on alt.lasers is that these are IR transceivers NOT 405nm violet diodes.

Peace,
dave[/quote]

I'll take Dave's word for it. He knows what he's talking about, plus, look at the ebay page, it says "we do not know the output power or wave length". ;)

Yes they are in fact telecom IR transmitter or repeater diodes, roughly 20mw max near 1.5um. They are either isolated photodiode type or bragg grating tunable type. If they are the latter they are a steal at the offering price... but..

Judging on how they are packaged they are likely rejects. Do be careful with this seller, they are WELL KNOWN for deliberate deception of "unknown" or "unable to tests, AS IS" type items. If they find out you resell their items they will rip you off and block your bids after the next order. :mad:

Spyderz20x6 said:
I know they are IR diodes! I said they are not VIOLET diodes.
Don't take offense to heruursciences if he is only trying to provide more information. Its kind of rude...
I'm sure he wasn't replying to you but to the rest of the tread in general. hints why he didn't quote you.

pwnstar said:
[quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1211912039/0#9 date=1212100778]I know they are IR diodes! I said they are not VIOLET diodes.
Don't take offense to heruursciences if he is only trying to provide more information. Its kind of rude...
I'm sure he wasn't replying to you but to the rest of the tread in general. hints why he didn't quote you.[/quote]
I wasn't taking offense. Just making myself clear to the whole thread.